Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JuliusCaesar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2014
Since its been more than 3 months since its debut, mind posting your battery statistics screenshots here. Personally, I can't complain. Averaging between 10 and 11 hours of normal usage ( Browsing, Netflix, email, games etc. ) Now, the standby time it's great. I can manage 2 or 3 days without charging it. Brightness set to 50% to 60% . I used to get 13 hours out of my old iPad 3, but im still ok with this one. I have the 64GB Cellular version with a T-Mobile plan. :)

image.jpg

technosix

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2015
West Coast USA
I follow Apple guidelines for the OEM batteries in my various iOS and OS X gear. With a rare exception I've always enjoyed excellent performance and lifespan from them.

Honestly I don’t bother tracking them closely. I buy my Apple gear to use, enjoy, and not obsess over. :)

Mstikes

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2012
Post your iPad Air 2 Battery Life/Usage screenshot

Really disappointed by my wifi only one Air2 battery life so far. The battery drains fast and it rarely lasts me more than 7 hours. I'm not a big fan of reducing the screen brightness.
d3507ba17b7caa698972b1cb136e8d5c.jpg

JuliusCaesar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2014
Really disappointed by my wifi only one Air2 battery life so far. The battery drains fast and it rarely lasts me more than 7 hours. I'm not a big fan of reducing the screen brightness.

At what % you set your iPad brightness? That is something that does affects the battery life. From your screenshot it seems like it can go between 9 to 10 hours on that charge.

Mstikes

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2012
I keep my brightness at 90-100%. Like I said I think that below that you lose too much sharpness on the screen.

JuliusCaesar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2014
I keep my brightness at 90-100%. Like I said I think that below that you lose too much sharpness on the screen.

Well that is probably why you are getting 6 or 7 hours. Maybe lowering it to 70 to 75% can get you 2 or 3 more hours and still is a reasonable good brightness.

PowerBook-G5

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2013
At what % you set your brightness? Mind sharing any tricks you have there for such an excellent battery life? Thanks.:)

I have the brightness anywhere from 1% (early morning/late night) to 100% (lunchtime, midafternoon). WiFi, Bluetooth, location services are all on, all the time. I do kill apps in the background when done with them, but it probably doesn't make too much of a difference. Battle Supremacy, the top item, is a very graphics intensive game that I play often. It pretty much sounds like I'm doing everything to not have good battery life.

Mstikes

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2012
Post your iPad Air 2 Battery Life/Usage screenshot

I have the brightness anywhere from 1% (early morning/late night)

1 % brightness ! Might as well turn the screen completely off. I find that anything below 80% brightness makes the screen look subpar.

Safari drains way too much battery even with only one tab open.

Last edited:

JuliusCaesar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2014
This is my latest battery usage time. Spotify was for about an hour. On the heavy side there was Youtube, a graphics intensive game, and a lot of web browsing. Brightness set at 55 to 60 %. Pretty great if you ask me.:)
image.jpg

JuliusCaesar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2014
It's actually getting better and better. Really happy so far ��. Hitting for 14 hours there.
image.jpg

HuRR

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2003
Just got mine last week. I love it. I set my brightness to about 30-40%.

Attachments

• IMG_0306 3.PNG
    IMG_0306 3.PNG
    304.4 KB · Views: 262

iKnowMr.Jobs

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2010
Been really happy with it thus far. Been getting anywhere between 13 & 14.5 hours a charge. Even when on LTE, I don't see it draining noticable quicker. The A8 is definitely drawing much less power than the A7. I got worse battery life on my Air 1 and that had a bigger battery

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 242

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
[MOD NOTE]
Do you guys who are posting the screen shots are including your email addresses? This may not be what you want, take a look under the iCloud section.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.