Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Centaurr

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2015
Florida
tweaked the belt and took off leg straps

2wovrkm.jpg

Reactions: Spencerdl and Jyby

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
Screen Shot 2017-05-23 at 6.19.24 PM.png

Kind of a surprise for my son. He has been in to all sorts of driving sims from DiRT, Forza, to Truck driving sims and he's been on junk computers to slightly newer then to a wheel/pedal but all on the dining room table. So I'm hoping this will be a pretty fun surprise.

An_Excelent_Username

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2016
Behind a keyboard
View attachment 700815
Kind of a surprise for my son. He has been in to all sorts of driving sims from DiRT, Forza, to Truck driving sims and he's been on junk computers to slightly newer then to a wheel/pedal but all on the dining room table. So I'm hoping this will be a pretty fun surprise.

You're a fantastic parent, and I don't think your kid will ever forget this.

andreyirra

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2014
Mexico
Over the past week, I've sourced a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gen iPod for my collection. All disassembled, cleaned, polished and fresh batteries installed. New office setup will be Apple-themed with several G4s and posters on display. The iPods will take their place on a feature shelf above my desk. Now to score a 5th gen at a decent price, and a 1G when the prices come down.
51657378035__73d4b1aa-07d5-4ebf-a877-f73972cb31a7-jpg-jpeg.699853

They look so clean. What did you use to polish them?

LotusLord

macrumors 6502a
View attachment 700815
Really slick! If I was into racing games I could see myself getting one of these setups and putting it in my basement.

drewsof07

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Ohio
They look so clean. What did you use to polish them?
All faceplates received a wet sanding with 2500 grit sandpaper and 91% alcohol to get the deep scratches out (first time was terrifying), then finished buffing out the fine scratches with PlastX. I still have a few swirls that a couple more passes with PlastX could remove. You have to completely disassemble to avoid scuffing the click/touch wheels. Wet sanding the 4th gen click wheel also restored a bit of the texture that had been lost. Same treatment on the rear, I was even able to remove a personalized engraving using small strips of progressively finer 1500, 2000, then 2500 grit paper. Finished the rears with Brasso, since it works better on the stainless.

Also acquired an iPod Photo and 5th gen, both 60GB
image1.JPG image2.JPG

Last edited:

sman789

Customer Support
Staff member
Dec 25, 2007
Richmond, VA
Bought a used LG V20 for dirt cheap.
rqEjYc4.jpg

Two Screens (The second one shows shortcuts, media controls, notifications and any text you want)
SBuYdPW.jpg

Two cameras (A regular 12mp and then a separate 8mp wide angle lens)
fyr8hQ3r.jpg

Bought a cheap case too to sandwich in a magnet for my car mount (magnet is under the sticker)
wPRH6rj.jpg

Uofmtiger

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2010
Memphis
now thats what im talking about, dying to get a Jeep. and finally a jeep owner that likes the (permanent) hard top as well. excellent purchase. i would ahve gone with a silver color thou but thats just my taste.
Thanks! They had a silver I was interested in on their site, but it was sold the morning I went to the dealer. The other Jeep that had the package I wanted was black and that is the one pictured. I like black vehicles, though. I was more hesitant about silver since I have mainly owned black vehicles and like the black and red combo that I am accesorizing it with. But yeah, it is all about preference. Some people like purple Jeeps, but it is all good!;)

Black typically looks best after a good wash, but it is easier to see when it is dirty. Jeeps like being dirty, so you don't have the typical downfall of having a black vehicle.:p

I used to have one of the Army green Wranglers, but I guess they stopped selling them in that color. :(

Reactions: Centaurr
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.