Post Your Last Purchase XXVIII

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by SandboxGeneral, Oct 30, 2014.

1. beanboy89 macrumors regular

beanboy89

2. Big Stevie macrumors 6502a

Big Stevie

Managed to get some tickets for the 2018 tour..:)

[​IMG]

3. AngerDanger macrumors 68040

AngerDanger

For the $20 spent, it's hard to go wrong; they're AirPods for a fraction of the price.

But they're handicapped by a few things: the bass is very flat and can be improved by swapping the earbud's tips out for the included larger ones, connecting is a pain in the ass (when it works, there are about 20 seconds between taking them out of the case and automatically connecting, but sometimes they become un-paired with each other or the connected device), and the audio quality isn't great; I'm not an audiophile, but every now and again, I'll notice it sounds like there's auditory… pixilation.

Nonetheless, I've been happily using them for the past month. If you're okay with dubious audio quality and occasionally having to fiddle with pairing, they're a good purchase.

4. determined09 macrumors 65816

determined09

5. Skorpion24 macrumors 6502

New TV replacing my 7 years old Plasma and a PS4 PRO with some games.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Uofmtiger macrumors 68000

Uofmtiger

7. scotttnz macrumors 6502a

One of my Airports passed away, so I finally did what I have been thinking about for a while now...

77C69D82-AD83-4413-8E39-2519E543A350.jpeg

I will most likely add a 3rd AP after testing the range and performance of the ac-inwall units. Either another in wall, or an ac-lite\ac-pro.

8. LotusLord macrumors 6502

LotusLord

The Capital of the Land of Cheese and Beer
    Interesting. Please let us know how it goes. I'm keeping an eye out for what will make the most sense when my current 2ish year old Linksys AC goes. I don't think it's had a firmware update lately and while it covers my whole home at present, but I fully expect my basement to lose some signal once it's finished. Plus I'll be moving my office down there and will likely want a wired port if possible.

9. Big Stevie macrumors 6502a

Big Stevie

10. kikote macrumors member

kikote

fullsizeoutput_10bd.jpeg
    yUu45QwCRlaBhwRy8NlJlQ.jpg
    My last purchase is an R2D2 from Sphero... Christmas time is Star Wars time :)

11. Ollé macrumors regular

Ollé

B6C99549-952A-4429-ACBE-935887606A1C.jpeg
    Christmas present for my mum. She desperately needed an upgrade

12. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Very generous.

13. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

That is a brilliant present for your mother - well done, I'm sure she'll be thrilled.

14. andymodem macrumors 6502a

Enjoy, I did the same thing when I upgraded to gigabit internet and my Airport wasn't up to the task. I didn't use the in wall ap though, I got the AC Pro AP's.

15. scotttnz macrumors 6502a

Thanks, it was going to be too hard to run cables to where I would have wanted to mount Pros. I ended up getting a 3rd in wall to give me the coverage I wanted, but they were a breeze to install where the existing wall jacks were. Picked up a CloudKey too.

Here it is all mounted in the little in wall cabinet in the garage, along with my ESXi Mac Mini.

C639CFAA-67BA-41E8-AE64-E8ACEE28F1A1.jpeg

16. kebrone macrumors member

kebrone

wow nice setup dude. Loved it! Did you capture some snaps while setting up? How was it before? What are all TP-cables used for?

17. scotttnz macrumors 6502a

Unfortunately I didn’t take any other photos, but before I just had a dumb switch, and the crappy router my isp provided. I was using a firewall VM (untangle) and the thunderbolt Ethernet adapter on the Mac Mini was the external interface. I may insert the VM between the switch and gateway again to give me better parental control, which is not UniFi’s strong point.

The cables from the switch are:
    Port 1 (red) to gateway\router LAN interface
    Port 2 (green) to ESXi server
    Port 3 Study switch which has my MacBook, wife’s Mac Mini, and printer connected
    Port 4 My Son’s gaming PC
    Ports 5-7 connect to the 3 APs and provide POE
    Port 8 is connected to the CloudKey which is really just a Mini Linux pc running the UniFi controller software

The yellow cable connected to the WAN interface of the gateway connects directly to my fibre internet connection.

I work in IT, but not doing networks. Even so I found getting the basics up and running very straight forward, and will be doing some more advanced configuration over the next few weeks. There are some good tutorials on YouTube. The only problem I have run into is my heat pump wireless adapter requires WPS, which UniFi does not support, but I think I have found a work around for that.

18. markhort macrumors 6502a

markhort

19. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Autobody repairs to my Honda Accord after it was vandalized while I was sleeping just before thanksgiving. :(

Attached Files:

20. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

Pulled the trigger on Playstation VR, was $180 at Walmart. It's amazing and overwhelming at the same time.
    iu.jpeg

21. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

It's a pity that the ONT doesn't fit in the cabinet too (I can see the very edge of it!). Certainly looks nicer than my setup, which is just an ONT on the garage wall and a cable disappearing into the ceiling :p

That's a good price! I picked up one on Black Friday for around US$230 (headset, camera, VR Worlds and Skyrim) but haven't opened it yet; it was my Christmas present to myself and I managed to wait!

I set up the camera this morning (it's the 25th here) but I haven't touched the headset yet. I'm apparently getting a pair of Moves later today so I'm waiting for the "full experience" :)

22. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604

iPad Pro 10.5, Smart Cover, Spigen Back Shell, Glass Screen protector :)

[​IMG]

23. theMaccer macrumors 6502a

theMaccer

24. crepu macrumors member

crepu

Nice bag. May I ask what brand it is ?