Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Agathon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 19, 2004
Well, I've only been using Leopard for a few hours, but I want the old Spotlight search results window back. The new one sucks horribly. It's just a smart folder search window with no organization.

:mad:

Why is the Spotlight drop down menu organized and the "show all results" window isn't?

:mad:

And none of my bookmarks are showing up in Spotlight. This sucks.

seanneko

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2007
- Transparent menu bar is ugly
- 3D dock is ugly
- Stacks can only be created from an entire directory, not specific files
- Animations run slow on GMA950
- Rubbish bin asks you to confirm every time you empty it
- Finder still beachballs when using network drives

To be honest, I'm not really that impressed with Leopard. The only real change which is useful to me is Quicklook and cover flow.

Agathon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 19, 2004
You can turn off the trash warning in Finder Preferences: Advanced.

The bookmarks not showing up in Spotlight is really pissing me off. Especially since Leopard disabled Inquisitor, which I relied on for quick searching of bookmarks. :mad:

Agathon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 19, 2004
I forgot to add. You can no longer change the unread RSS feed colour in Safari. It now comes in a horrible blue outline that you apparently have to live with.

Example:

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 268

duyvan82

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2007
Sydney, Australia
- empty trash warning can be turned off, just go to Finder preferences => advanced
- Dashboard, expose, spaces birds eyes view are all smooth, the dock, however, feels a bit choppy at times, especially the 3D one. Hopefully Apple will do something about it. Stacks is laggy too, only when you have a lot of items though.
- The option to always show safari's tab bar is GONE :eek: you will have to dig through the plist file to tweak it :mad:
- I wish unread RSS article count shows up on mail's dock icon.

Looking forward to 10.5.1

PS: In case you wanna turn off the dock's glass effect, here are the commands
Code:
defaults write com.apple.dock no-glass -boolean YES
killall Dock

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
My biggest gripe about Leopard is that, as with any new Apple product, its launch brings out so much whingeing and complaining.

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I still have 12 hours until I can get it, but I just checked the Undercover website and the software is not compatible with 10.5. They have not gotten a copy of the GM yet, so they have been unable to finish up the software.

gazzzmoly

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2007
web widget gripe

I love web widgets, great idea!

my problem is that if you click a link in a widget for example i have one for my ebay the top section that tells you what you are selling and what will be sold. (no way of moving back)

some how i managed to scroll down and now the widget is useless , second i created a widget for my xbox360 friends list using xbox .com, ( i neded to scroll to get all of it in ) you should be able to resize your widget and include a scoll bar.

also i cant find a way to enable disable right click !!!!!

monty77

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2005
UK, South Coast
- empty trash warning can be turned off, just go to Finder preferences => advanced
- Dashboard, expose, spaces birds eyes view are all smooth, the dock, however, feels a bit choppy at times, especially the 3D one. Hopefully Apple will do something about it. Stacks is laggy too, only when you have a lot of items though.
- The option to always show safari's tab bar is GONE :eek: you will have to dig through the plist file to tweak it :mad:
- I wish unread RSS article count shows up on mail's dock icon.

Looking forward to 10.5.1

PS: In case you wanna turn off the dock's glass effect, here are the commands
Code:
defaults write com.apple.dock no-glass -boolean YES
killall Dock

2 scripts here that toggle between the 3d and 2d dock ... handy!

Adam

Attachments

• leoparddockscripts.zip
    34.7 KB · Views: 122

sr5878

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
anyone else having a horrible time with ichat video conferencing? the backdrops look awful. they worked beautifully in the demo though.... what a concept.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Another problem I've noticed is that if there's any other finder activity going on (copying from one drive to another or something) you cannot eject mounted DMG's (inactive ones) until the copy that has nothing to do with the DMG has completed.

RumMunkey

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2006
Canada
HA! This is the best you can do with gripes?!? New RSS items are a shade of blue you don't like? The icons look "flatter" than you'd like?

Pfft! These aren't issues by any stretch.

I'm really looking forward to my new iMac with Leopard now!

ksgant

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2006
Chicago
yes, I was expecting serious gripes or issues....these are mainly just nitpicks. Valid I'm sure to the person doing the nitpicking...but is there anyone here that hates it so much they're going back to Tiger yet?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.