Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PancakeEater101

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2014
Here we go, has a little bit of Windows though...

j1S9gLT.jpg

Reactions: Mezelluf

Goftrey

macrumors 68000
May 20, 2011
Wales, UK
Beautiful. You should stick in an SSD for the OS and applications though given how cheap they are these days. Or even create your own Fusion Drive.

I've got one on order. Just couldn't wait to get building ;)

----------

Did you put a wireless setup in there? I am looking to build something like this myself as well.

I've got a card on order. I've been using a USB dongle for now, which does the job, but the card will give me native support in OS X.

The chip is the AR9280 (http://ebay.eu/16NlN5T). Works across the board.

Macdude2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2010
The Apple Store
Great setup, but I'm confused. Why do you have one of every Apple device in every screen size imaginable? Just to have or do you find a way to actually use them all?

All of them get a fair amount of usage actually, part of it is I have ocd (the real one, not the "internet definition") and certain devices in my head serve different functions. For instance, my MacBook pro 13 is my out and about laptop, so this one is something that I know in my head things might happen. The 15 inch MacBook is my around the house MacBook, as well as my editing machine when I don't want to sit at my desk on my iMac, the iMac is the work machine. The 6 plus is the phone I use when I need to have a mini iPad while I'm only carrying that (so a day out or traveling, something like that) and then I'll rotate between that and the 6. The iPad mini is my out of the house (it even fits in my winter coat) iPad while the air is my around the house one.

I know it sounds a bit crazy, but it's also my passion and I resell these things so it doesn't cost me much to do, so why not.

Reactions: ApoorvPrem

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
All of them get a fair amount of usage actually, part of it is I have ocd (the real one, not the "internet definition") and certain devices in my head serve different functions. For instance, my MacBook pro 13 is my out and about laptop, so this one is something that I know in my head things might happen. The 15 inch MacBook is my around the house MacBook, as well as my editing machine when I don't want to sit at my desk on my iMac, the iMac is the work machine. The 6 plus is the phone I use when I need to have a mini iPad while I'm only carrying that (so a day out or traveling, something like that) and then I'll rotate between that and the 6. The iPad mini is my out of the house (it even fits in my winter coat) iPad while the air is my around the house one.

I know it sounds a bit crazy, but it's also my passion and I resell these things so it doesn't cost me much to do, so why not.

You are not alone in this my friend, I have quite the Orchard also.

swadd1er

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2013
How it stands at the minute. Some external speakers required to complete the setup.

Attachments

• IMG_0985.JPG
    IMG_0985.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 411

HunterReed2

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2014
Alvse and Swadd1er what monitors are you using? Currently trying to pick one to go with my MacBook Pro 13" and those both look nice. Though I am also looking at the Dell S2715H as another option. Would love the Apple Thunderbolt display but a little rich for my blood currently.

Thanks,
Hunter

swadd1er

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2013
Alvse and Swadd1er what monitors are you using? Currently trying to pick one to go with my MacBook Pro 13" and those both look nice. Though I am also looking at the Dell S2715H as another option. Would love the Apple Thunderbolt display but a little rich for my blood currently.

Thanks,
Hunter
It's the Hazro HZ29WiA. It's outstanding for the price in my opinion. http://www.hazro.com/products/hz29wi

HunterReed2

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2014
That does look nice, have you had it long? Just wondering how the build quality is for this monitor, since never really heard of the brand.

Thanks,
Hunter

swadd1er

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2013
That does look nice, have you had it long? Just wondering how the build quality is for this monitor, since never really heard of the brand.

Thanks,
Hunter
Really good build quality apart from it wobbles a small amount whilst typing fast but it has the option for a wall mount so that wouldnt be an issue.

HunterReed2

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2014
That would be a good option, I may have to look into that even though it is a little larger than I originally planned on it looks to have some cool features.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.