Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EJ8

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
I'm at the Cumberland Mall Apple Store in Atlanta. Was about 50 people back. About 300+ total people. Got what I wanted - AT&T 6 Plus 128 GB Silver.

Tammster

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
S Florida USA
Got to Palm Beach Gardens, FL store at 6:30am. At least 600-700 people ahead of me. When they let us in the mall, they asked for pre-orders. They walked me and only 2 other people to the front of the pre-order line. I'm 2nd in line. Crazy.

https://vimeo.com/106581996

osofast240sx

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2011
I'm in NYC a tmobile apparently ny T-Mobile stores did no receive any iPhone 6 shipments last night

iososx

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2014
USA
Regular iPhone users are most likely going to be shocked once they inbox their 6 Plus, it's a huge phone. Why it was suggested to use a cardboard cutout to get an idea of size was pure lunacy. We'll see.

Kealohilani

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
Apple Store in Lexington ky. No tmobile 6 plus. 4 6 plus sprint.

I was there last year and it was the gold that everyone was mad about. The girl behind me refused to get anything because they ran out of gold before they got where we were in the line. And I was only about 20-30 back. This year I just preordered.

How was the scare with the gunman? Were you there for that? I was wondering if people were able to get back in their spots when the police let them come back or if people started trying to cut.

auero

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2006
#59 in line, Freehold New Jersey. I got my reservation for the AT&T space grey 6+ 64gb, the exact model I wanted!

What time did you line up? I was debating on going last night but decided against it. A friend who works there said they didn't get a whole lot of +'s

wrxdrunkie

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2008
Waited through the pouring rain, 30th in line and got my reservation for my space gray 6+ 128gb. Good to go!! Or so I thought.....

I check the reservation about twenty minutes later. It's for At&t!!!!!!!!

Hell of a time trying to get them to fix it. I was basically sol. But they found a Verizon on for me... So now I am getting a Verizon 6+ lol.

Joey225

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2011
New Jersey
What time did you line up? I was debating on going last night but decided against it. A friend who works there said they didn't get a whole lot of +'s

Lined up at 10:30pm. I wasn't planning on going so early, but I saw the queue and had to jump on it.
There were definitely enough 6+ units to last up to my spot in line, better than I expected, but i have no idea how much more they had. There's a huge line this morning.

Bootleg Gucci

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2013
NoVA
We were about #100 position in line at Tysons Corner, and all iphone 6+ were available for buying except the 16gb. I got QR code for two 6+ gold and space grey 128Gb and 64Gb. Overhyped shortage for 6+. Also employees said if you buy device full price, it has to be activated on a carrier line (not unlocked).

ianpuffen

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
Richmond, VA
I have a 6+ 64gb space grey on pre-order. Submitted 3:15-3:20 AM 9/12 with a 10/7 ship date, confirmation 4:48 AM with the same date. Card still not charged, order in process, but ship date went from not available to 10/7 yesterday, and to 10/3 today. Decided to go to the Verizon store here this morning to see if I could get lucky and get one earlier, and also do a straight trade-in of my 4S and save some more money upfront. I live in smallish suburb just outside Richmond, VA. Showed up around 7:50 and was ninth in line. The guy came out and said they had NO Pluses. None. So if you don't live in a MAJOR metropolitan area, the odds of getting your hands on a Plus today from a Verizon store (and I assume the other carriers too) are slim to none. The worst case will be all the people who canceled their late October / November orders with the hope of getting something today. If they're not in a huge city, they're screwed and won't see a Plus 'til Thanksgiving or later. Or they'll just bitch and moan to customer service and "jump the line" back to their previous spot, pushing people like me further down the line.

wxnats

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
Northern Virginia
We were about #100 position in line at Tysons Corner, and all iphone 6+ were available for buying except the 16gb. I got QR code for two 6+ gold and space grey 128Gb and 64Gb. Overhyped shortage for 6+. Also employees said if you buy device full price, it has to be activated on a carrier line (not unlocked).

Tysons Corner is a bit of an exception though. They always have a huge stock for launch days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.