Potential iMac killer?

neonart

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2002
Near a Mac since 1993.
tominated said:
i found this while roaming the web. could be a potential imac killer as there is a touchscreen version

NO way. That thing is UGLY! If gateway and Sony couldn't do an all-in-one that rivaled the iMac, I doubt that nasty thing could.

I agree that touchscreen is cool, but only to some.

Keep your iMac! :cool:

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
UK
I clicked on the link and my Mac keeled over and died!

Wait, that can't be right, how am I still typing this?

No iMac killer here.

Kardashian

macrumors 68020
Sep 4, 2005
Britain.
Apple should stop now. Hands down the i-whatever-its-called wins.

It's going to win lots of design awards, and in years to come, will be remembered for being original and people will ask ''Whats that computer?".

The iMacs days are numbered.

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
tominated said:
...as there is a touchscreen version
I don't want to touch my screen. It gets dirty enough just from dust. Not to mention that I don't want the hassle of reaching across my desk when I'm quite comfortable with my arms resting where they are. Even more not mentioning that it's ugly as sin.

iJaz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2004
It has an i in the name, it is an all-in-one computer, but there ends the similarities.
It is so much uglier than the iMac and doesn't run Mac OS X, so I can't see how it can be an iMac killer.

lmalave

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2002
Chinatown NYC
IBM was making flat screen all-in-one computers well before even the iLamp version of the iMac (and IBM's version was closer to today's iMac, with the components behind the screen itself).

So, yeah, just because it's an all-in-one flatscreen computer doesn't mean it's really competition for the iMac at all. I think most buyers of the iMac value style very highly. Ever since the first iMac it's been meant as something that would look good in your living room / den / dorm room.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
calculus said:
Well my iMac doesn't stand a chance against that beauty. Where can I get one?
The trash probably.

Seriously though if anyone even thinks of touching my screen they will leave the room with no arms and a straw up their ass to soak up the blood 'they' spilt everywhere. If any blood goes on my screen they lose a leg too. Have you ever seen anyone successfully soak up blood through a straw in their ass while hopping on one leg? Come to my place it happens all to often. :mad:

spencecb

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2003
While we are on the topic of touchscreen...

OS X does support this feature, correct? If I were to purchase a MacPro and connect it to a display that supported touch-screen, and there was an application that used this feature, everything would work, yes?

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
It's not as good looking as the iMac for sure, but it's no worse looking than the PC monitor I'm looking at right now and is better spec'd.

As long as it's not too noisy (I can't imagine it being anyworse than my 17" iMac) it'd be in the running for me if I couldn't use Apple, like at work.

Also it has a TV input something that would sell a huge number of iMacs.

savar

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2003
District of Columbia
combatcolin said:
Touch screen is cool.

Nothing else to worry the iMac.
It's meant for commercial/industrial applications. This is a no-name company and the size maxes out at 17". This is not an iMac killer. In fact, these aren't even competing products. They are just two computers that happen to have a similar form factor.

iJaz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2004
This ugly piece and it's touch screen would actually make sense in most of the suggested areas:
- Financials
- Healthcare
- Education
- Government
- Point of Sale
- Hospitality
- Factory Floors

But not on a desk!

kettle

macrumors 65816
screen smearing swine

Southernboy said:
If anyone puts a finger anywhere near my screen they have to die (or go and sit on the naughty stair ;))
yeah, absolutely...

idiot with finger (usually the person who manages to tip coffee over their own stuff on a monthly if not weekly basis): "if you could just move that section <splodge /> over to this column <splurge /> here <splodge />"

me: "Hey! You just touched my screen!"

idiot with finger: "oh, yeah... sorry..."

me: (random quote) "No. Not sorry, remember this... If you ever touch my screen again I will break all eight of your fingers using this hole punch. [gesticulates with hole punch as idiot backs away]...OK?"

idiot with finger: "here, let me wipe it..."

me: NOOOOO!!!!!!

you know the rest.

Anyway, that all-in-one PC is really not much more than a reused fertiliser bag filled with well rotted manure.

mccldwll

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2006
I'm not a big fan of the imac chin, but that thing is almost ugly enough to be a dell (not quite, if you saw last spring's mini tower/screen combo). Touch screens have limited, though valid, applications but this doesn't impact imac one bit.