Power adapter

BigP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2012
Canada
Hello,

Love the air so far (have only had it since Friday) & am slowly learning osX. Id did take me 1/2 hr on Friday to see how much disc space I had...LOL

Question, what is up with the power adapter? Should you always use the 3 prong extension if you can? Why does it come with a two prong as well ??

Thnks!!

Chris

jav6454

macrumors P6
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Hello,

Love the air so far (have only had it since Friday) & am slowly learning osX. Id did take me 1/2 hr on Friday to see how much disc space I had...LOL

Question, what is up with the power adapter? Should you always use the 3 prong extension if you can? Why does it come with a two prong as well ??

Thnks!!

Chris
You can use either. However, the 3 prong extension is when normally your power outlet is far. Also, it brings the added benefit of a ground wire in case your Mac becomes charged with static.

Zeke D

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2011
Arizona
Sometimes you are using an outlet that will not accommodate the large AC adapter. I leave my 3-prong extension plugged in behind my desk and charge my MBA while at home. at school, I take the foldy 2-prong. One is not safer or better than the other, just personal preference.

wharzhee

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2010
texas
oops, i didnt know u replied. haha.

actually i was suspecting that the metallic rounded hook when u remove the block, could be for the earth wire - so i deleted it.