Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ggab

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
So I've been periodically checking Power Support's page on the iPhone 4 screen protectors. They've always said that more info is coming soon. Today I checked it and both the anti-glare film and the crystal film sets now say "Set includes 2 HD anti-glare screen films and 1 pre-installation film" They've always came with two films for the front...sounds like they aren't going to have a film for the back? That's going to suck if I'm reading that right.

spyda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2009
I've read that they were supposedly going to start pre-orders for a front & back set this week, but who knows man.

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
Not to hijack/be off-topic, but if you don't want to wait, you can try this seller on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-iPhone-4-...er_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item563dbad98b

These static-cling protectors cover both the front and back. There is a cutout for both front and rear cameras as well as the LED flash in the back. I bought a few sets myself. The quality far, far exceeded my expectations. I'm even going to say it's better than SGP and almost on par with Power Support. And for the price, you really can't complain.

I was originally going to wait around for the PS set, but who knows when it will ship, and with all the confusion going on with the back... Plus the shipping they're charging is horrible. Close to $30 shipped for 2 films, forget it.

There are no flash issues with the rear film either. The fit is great and the clarity is even better than SGP's Ultra Clear. The packaging is generic, but once you open it, you can tell that the films are the same as what you get with the fancier packaged ones. It doesn't disrupt usage with bumpers either. The seller shipped out from Brooklyn and I received my films in just 2 days. My quest for front/rear protectors have ended and I'm pretty happy with that. :D

spyda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2009
Not to hijack/be off-topic, but if you don't want to wait, you can try this seller on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-iPhone-4-...er_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item563dbad98b

These static-cling protectors cover both the front and back. There is a cutout for both front and rear cameras as well as the LED flash in the back. I bought a few sets myself. The quality far, far exceeded my expectations. I'm even going to say it's better than SGP and almost on par with Power Support. And for the price, you really can't complain.

I was originally going to wait around for the PS set, but who knows when it will ship, and with all the confusion going on with the back... Plus the shipping they're charging is horrible. Close to $30 shipped for 2 films, forget it.

There are no flash issues with the rear film either. The fit is great and the clarity is even better than SGP's Ultra Clear. The packaging is generic, but once you open it, you can tell that the films are the same as what you get with the fancier packaged ones. It doesn't disrupt usage with bumpers either. The seller shipped out from Brooklyn and I received my films in just 2 days. My quest for front/rear protectors have ended and I'm pretty happy with that. :D

Can you post some photos with the films on? That's awfully cheap that I'm willing to try just for the hell of it, but I'd like to see it first.

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
Can you post some photos with the films on? That's awfully cheap that I'm willing to try just for the hell of it, but I'd like to see it first.

Sure, here are some. My point-and-shoot camera really sucks so I won't be able to do any DSLR type of close-ups, but hope these will work. Let me know if you want a certain angle.

Attachments

• IMG_2263.JPG
    IMG_2263.JPG
    829.1 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_2266.JPG
    IMG_2266.JPG
    857.4 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_2269.JPG
    IMG_2269.JPG
    863 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_2271.JPG
    IMG_2271.JPG
    834.4 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_2272.JPG
    IMG_2272.JPG
    955.9 KB · Views: 129

Syk

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
What is that app you're using that shows the time and temp?

spyda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2009
Sure, here are some. My point-and-shoot camera really sucks so I won't be able to do any DSLR type of close-ups, but hope these will work. Let me know if you want a certain angle.

Thanks, looks pretty good. I'm going to try it out.

C-Dub

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010

thanks for your post and pics! i was gonna wait for the PS but for $2.95 and your pics, i'll try these out with no hesitation!

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
I guess i'll try these out. I have a cheap one on my phone now and it serves it's purpose but it gets scratched really easily, and mess with the visuals of the phone. The PS films barely scratched at all and really protected the screen. Also lasted a full year. Hopefully these offer similar qualities.

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
I guess i'll try these out. I have a cheap one on my phone now and it serves it's purpose but it gets scratched really easily, and mess with the visuals of the phone. The PS films barely scratched at all and really protected the screen. Also lasted a full year. Hopefully these offer similar qualities.

I've had mine for two and a half weeks now and no scratches at all. Only time will tell how they hold up. I'm not too worried about it scratching either-- if it does, I'll just peel it right off and put another one on. The seller also has 5 of just the front protectors for $3.99. I bought a set of those, so if anything goes wrong I have plenty of back-up. That's 80 cents a pop! I've done a lot worse. :cool: Hope it works out for everyone.

jwwpua

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2008

Mind shooting a zoomed in shot of where the bumper meets the film edge? Does the bumper lip cover it, or is there space between the edge and bumper lip?

Thanks for the post! I wish they had anti-glare (anti-fingerprint) ones tho :)

cheapa55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
This is what's truly called thread jacking. haha :) btw, the film looks great on your phone. I'm going to get my wrapsol refunded and get me those cheapies. Thanks!

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
Only if they can populate this on our lock screen :( looks nice. Waiting for the multitasking support before I bite on this...

The app stays open and overrides the lock screen so you can basically use it as an alarm clock. There are a bunch of options to play around with within the app. I plug my phone in before going to bed and prop it up on my homemade stand (made from a paperclip!) on my bedside table and it stays on all night. Calls and emails don't disrupt the app. It'll be even better once the developer issues the update for iOS 4.

Mind shooting a zoomed in shot of where the bumper meets the film edge? Does the bumper lip cover it, or is there space between the edge and bumper lip?

Thanks for the post! I wish they had anti-glare (anti-fingerprint) ones tho :)

I tried taking a close-up but it all comes out too blurry to tell. I'm actually starting to shop around for an entry-level DSLR after seeing a relative use one over the July 4th weekend. Sorry I can't be of more help visually.

Depending on how well you install the film, results will vary. If you manage to get the film perfectly centered, the bumper lip comes RIGHT up flush to the edge of the film so you can't even see it unless you pull on the sides of the bumper. It's a perfect fit actually.

jwwpua

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2008
The app stays open and overrides the lock screen so you can basically use it as an alarm clock. There are a bunch of options to play around with within the app. I plug my phone in before going to bed and prop it up on my homemade stand (made from a paperclip!) on my bedside table and it stays on all night. Calls and emails don't disrupt the app. It'll be even better once the developer issues the update for iOS 4.

I tried taking a close-up but it all comes out too blurry to tell. I'm actually starting to shop around for an entry-level DSLR after seeing a relative use one over the July 4th weekend. Sorry I can't be of more help visually.

Depending on how well you install the film, results will vary. If you manage to get the film perfectly centered, the bumper lip comes RIGHT up flush to the edge of the film so you can't even see it unless you pull on the sides of the bumper. It's a perfect fit actually.

I gotcha, thanks. So theoretically, you might be able to apply the screen protector while the bumper is on?

Either way, I just ordered it. Thanks for the find!

bigbro1096

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
How do u apple

I've had mine for two and a half weeks now and no scratches at all. Only time will tell how they hold up. I'm not too worried about it scratching either-- if it does, I'll just peel it right off and put another one on. The seller also has 5 of just the front protectors for $3.99. I bought a set of those, so if anything goes wrong I have plenty of back-up. That's 80 cents a pop! I've done a lot worse. :cool: Hope it works out for everyone.

how does the screen protectors apply? i want a full body protection but only the dry version and i was gonna buy zaggs dry one but im still searchin

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
I gotcha, thanks. So theoretically, you might be able to apply the screen protector while the bumper is on?

Either way, I just ordered it. Thanks for the find!

Yep, theoretically you can install with the bumper on. Wouldn't suggest it though! Hope it works out.

how does the screen protectors apply? i want a full body protection but only the dry version and i was gonna buy zaggs dry one but im still searchin

It's a dry installation, but it's not sticky like the wrapsol and invisible shield dry ones. These protectors are not skins, but films. Check out this youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euIPR-yTZrE

That's what this product is like.

bklam

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Thanks for the recommendation. i just ordered myself a set. I've used best skins ever and zag before and never really liked applying a wet screen protector. You did a pretty good job on yours!

Wetwipes

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
I emailed Power Support about a week ago regarding this issue. This was their reply :

Thank you for your interest. The iPhone 4 films will include two front skins. It is available for pre-order on our website and will ship on July 26th.

We will be offering a different film set that will include a front and back skin. The release date on that is yet to be determined. Please check Power Support USA for more information.

So yes, it will be available for front and back, but we've just got to wait for it! :(

sudeeppal

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2010
hey, thanks for the ebay link - just ordered a pair myself. for those looking, the price on the ebay site dropped to $2.59 (in case the pennies make a difference for you) + free shipping. great deal imho, considering the great pictures from vincenz.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.