Power Support Front and Back set up for preorder

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by spyda, Jul 21, 2010.

1. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

I already ordered an SGP crystal with the new cut outs, so I'm going to hold out on this one. Let us know how it looks if you buy it (pictures). Apparently, you get 3 films one anti-glare, one crystal, and one back film. Some may appreciate the included anti-glare but I think I'd rather have two crystals included instead.

http://www.powersupportusa.com/accessories/iphone-4/front-and-back-film-set.html

2. acousticbiker macrumors 6502

Interesting. It's too bad that anti-glare does not seem to be included for the back, just the front.

3. orangecrushv macrumors regular

Now if Agent 18 would just start shipping its shockband, I might be set on a case setup...

4. Munitalp macrumors 65816

Can't believe they changed it to make it more expensive for the front and back... they specifically told me that the other one would be front and back so I placed an order for 2 packs, now they change it to make it $5 more? Argh.

5. Chunkycat macrumors 6502

Great CS!

I ordered the previously available set of crystal films just for the screen and now when I saw they added a new set with film for the back, I wanted to change my order.
    Called customer service and was done in under a minute! No time wasted on holding! They had to cancel the previous order. I received a confirmation email immediately and placed a new order.
    Impressive! :D

And it seems that the films have all cuts out, including the one for the front facing cam!

6. acousticbiker macrumors 6502

Just heard from customer support that there is no anti-glare film planned for the back and also no Air Jacket planned.

7. California King macrumors 65816

Already have an SGP front...would've been perfect if they just sold them separately.

8. LAS22 macrumors regular

dang, just ordered the sgp anti-fingerprint (anti-glare), was hold out for the powersupport anti-glare.

well, i'll give this sgp a try, hope its like the ps.

btw, i wonder how long the backorder wait will be...?

9. austin571 macrumors regular

I placed the order 2 weeks ago for the front film knowing it would not ship until the 26th. I am glad I read this today. I just cancelled my original order and placed the order for the front and back set. I was told that it would ship on the 26th. Finally!

10. fastd macrumors member

11. psywzrd macrumors 68030

It's basically a big sticker that you apply to the screen to lift off any dust before applying the screen protector. They should give you two instead of one though, especially at that price.

12. SiftWinnow macrumors member

They do: "Set includes 1 anti-glare screen film, 1 crystal screen film, 1 crystal back film, and 2 pre-installation films."

13. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Ah - that's great. They used to only give you one of them with their front shields even though there were two shields in the package. I guess now that they have a front and back option they've stepped it up a bit. I'm very curious to see how people like these once they come out. I'm happy with my SGP Ultra Oleophobic so far but I'm always willing to try something else if people seem to love it.

14. SiftWinnow macrumors member

There's gotta be a code out there somewhere for free shipping. $30 shipped for screen protectors is a bit steep, even for PS.

15. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    What??!!! No Air Jacket??!!! I've been so hoping that they'd be bringing one of those out soon. I've had one on my 3GS and loved it and was anticipating that there would be one for the iPhone 4. I'm disappointed at this news.

16. ihonda macrumors 68000

ebay has 99cent airjacket for ip4

17. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Glad I got the SGP set. 2 sets for the same price, plus the side shield pieces. So it's slightly less clear (maybe)? Not a big deal.

18. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

19. Mechinyun macrumors 6502

25+ dollars for these!?! Unbelievable... im in the wrong business.

These things cost about a penny to make, I know there are some crappy ones out there.. but some are just as good as these and cost about 2 bucks on ebay. Its a clear piece of plastic for crying out loud!!!!

20. phillydude411 macrumors member

Zagg has 50% off codes for the dry easy install films. Does anyone have experience with those?

21. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Why would you need anti glare for the back?

22. frozencarbonite macrumors 6502

frozencarbonite

I could care less about the anti-glare film. It would have been nice if they sold the backs separately for a cheaper price. Or take out the anti-glare film and price it as $19.95.

I guess I'll have to buy the Crystal Film Set that comes with 2 fronts and then buy an SGP set that comes with the backs.

Really disappointed in their decision to include an anti-glare film with this to bump up the price.

23. rmul86 macrumors 6502

Bumper + PS Crystal Front + PS Crystal Back = Unreal Protection :)

24. headcheese macrumors regular

Because PS Anti-Glare (at least for my 3G) was HANDS down the best screen protector for eliminating fingerprints. I never had to wipe my screen EVER! So it would be nice to not have to wipe down the back too :)

I really like not having to do that because I hate all the grease and oil, but I don't want to compromise my beautiful retina display. Here's to hoping their "New film is compatible with retina display" means that it won't mess with the display at all! Please god I hope they've come up with a miracle LOL :D

25. ludawg23 macrumors 6502

Man, extremely disappointed if the rumors about no air jacket case for the iPhone 4 is true.

The Crystal films are pricey but worth every penny. Best front film in the industry, bar none.