Powerbook updates tonight!

carpet

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
Tomorrow mourning check the apple site! Im almost positive come tuesday tomorrow well see our speed bumps :)

carpet

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
D0ct0rteeth said:
:: slap ::

(Doc points at 35 other powerbook threads, rubs "carpet's" nose in it)

no! NO!

- Doc
You know what. I come on this site because i assume its clean and that people on here will generally not act in the way you have acted. I enjoy coming to this site to post and ask questions and to read up on apples latest. But honestly people like you are really pushing me from coming back to this site. Its really unfortunate i wish this site was cleaner.

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
Updates are usually based off of US Pacific time correct?

Not that this gives them much time but it is 1219am Eastern and no updates yet :(

carpet

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
efoto said:

Not that this gives them much time but it is 1219am Eastern and no updates yet :(
No idea, but these bumps have been in the air for a while now and apple always updates on tuesdays

tubedogg

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2003
Minnesota
efoto said:

Considering it's still Monday in the Pacific time zone...

KCK

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2003
Oakland, CA
tubedogg said:
Considering it's still Monday in the Pacific time zone...
Several times the online store has closed for updating around 6am Pacific time during past product upgrades.

ReanimationLP

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2005
On the moon.
Yeah. Carpets right alright. If they dont release updates soon, the iBook will continue to steal the sales from the Powerbook family. And thats not good for Apple

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
I guess I have to wait until after morning classes to check for an update then. Sad, this should have been done long ago and we are all waiting for it to happen tonight :(

I personally like the G4 in the *Books but a faster, dualcore would be awesome. A little better planning on a few companies parts and we could be looking at one of those tomorrow morning.

Horrortaxi

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2003
Los Angeles
carpet said:
I come on this site because i assume its clean and that people on here will generally not act in the way you have acted.
What do you base that on? People act like jackholes anytime they're anonymous. Keep reading these forums and you'll see that. I snapped last August and decided "that's enough--I can't take it anymore" and didn't read the forums for months. I came back yesterday to see what overly critical negative things people were saying about the Mac Mini and iWork. Not a lot changes.

Powerbook content--I'll start caring about updates in about 1 year. I still have that much AppleCare left on my G3 iBook.

carpet

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
Horrortaxi said:
What do you base that on? People act like jackholes anytime they're anonymous. Keep reading these forums and you'll see that. I snapped last August and decided "that's enough--I can't take it anymore" and didn't read the forums for months. I came back yesterday to see what overly critical negative things people were saying about the Mac Mini and iWork. Not a lot changes.

Powerbook content--I'll start caring about updates in about 1 year. I still have that much AppleCare left on my G3 iBook.
I dont know what made me assume that. Maybe because i have a slight bit of hope in the common person.

Horrortaxi

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2003
Los Angeles
MacRumors 05 System Requirements:

1.) Thick skin.
2.) Ability to differentiate between **** and shinola.
3.) Patience if you're going to post a lot. If somebody asks for help they want an answer. Don't be Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons. That doesn't help.
4.) Even more patience...and self restraint. Some people do incredibly stupid things to their computers and you want to slap them silly. You usually shouldn't do it.
5.) Know when enough is enough. When personalities on the forum make you angry and it's not fun anymore, find something else to do.

TheSith

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2004
Horrortaxi said:

1.) Thick skin.
3.) Patience if you're going to post a lot. If somebody asks for help they want an answer. Don't be Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons. That doesn't help.
4.) Even more patience...and self restraint. Some people do incredibly stupid things to their computers and you want to slap them silly. You usually shouldn't do it.
5.) Know when enough is enough. When personalities on the forum make you angry and it's not fun anymore, find something else to do.

ROFL!

Anyways, despite the annoyance that some may see in these multiple PB threads, I am totally hearing you guys. I hope there is an update tomorrow and will be running to the store if there is.

And since stores are selling out, shouldn't this quite update be available in stores TOMORROW? or am I being too optimistic?

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
Horrortaxi said:

1.) Thick skin.
If you are on this forum a lot, pay attention to who is posting. You will eventually learn who to ignore and who to listen to.

MacFan25863

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
OMFG G5 P0WERB00KS R HEAR!!!11111

Seriously though, I'm hoping that the updates don't come for awhile. Will be a sad day when I see my rev. c book is finally outdated :(

(Ok, thats kind sad, but in a geeky way :D)

James L

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2004
carpet said:
No idea, but these bumps have been in the air for a while now and apple always updates on tuesdays
Actually, the last powerbook update was on a Monday morning (silent release at the beginning NAB).

Good luck though!

ephex

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2004
USA
It's 7:25 tuesday eastern time.... I better see powerbook updates today cuz I've been waiting for over six months!

But some kind of update has to be a guarantee, I mean would they really just allow their powerbook line to be completely unavailable like it has been this past week or so?

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
MacFan25863 said:
Seriously though, I'm hoping that the updates don't come for awhile. Will be a sad day when I see my rev. c book is finally outdated :(

(Ok, thats kind sad, but in a geeky way :D)
This has been commented one before as well. Your current system will not be outdated by any means, there will just be a slightly faster system currently available.
The only reason I am excited for an update is not because it makes them soooo much faster or better, because the proposed and rumored update will not do that. Rather, I do not own a PB so why not wait for the latest if I do not require one yesterday? I'm just trying to be patient and get the latest....I should have ordered a Rev.C back in October when I first was truly interested.

timnosenzo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2004
ct, us
carpet said:
You know what. I come on this site because i assume its clean and that people on here will generally not act in the way you have acted. I enjoy coming to this site to post and ask questions and to read up on apples latest. But honestly people like you are really pushing me from coming back to this site. Its really unfortunate i wish this site was cleaner.
You know what? A lot of people start threads like this with absolutely no basis. G6 Powerbooks today, because I said so. :rolleyes:

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
Have to agree with Zaty sadly, it is 938am Eastern here and nothing :(

With all of the info leaning towards an update....when will it happen!?