Powersupport or SGP

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by halisray, Aug 11, 2010.

1. halisray macrumors regular

2. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

imho the quality between the two is pretty close, but SGP is cheaper but has terrible customer service so that's your call. For a cheap back option check out bestskinsever.com (not sure about Canada shipping, though). It's the rubbery type like Zagg which I don't like for the front but shouldn't be a problem on the back.

3. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

I put a BestSkinsEver on the back. I don't mind the orange peel effect on the back. It feels smooth, just has that look. Definitly worth it for the price at least.

4. halisray thread starter macrumors regular

5. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

Get the sgp oleophobic! You'll never look back. Get it on eBay for $13.95 and free shipping

Search for sgp iPhone 4

Should be electronic deals or Youll love this deal for the sellers.

6. halisray thread starter macrumors regular

wow with the bestskinever and the SGP - comes up to like $25 with shipping.. instead of like $45.. so much more worth it

do these work with a bumper?

7. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

8. halisray thread starter macrumors regular

9. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

I guess I got mine in about a week, but I am in the US.

10. L3thal macrumors newbie

I vote for PowerSupport. Installed their protectors 3 days ago and I am 110% satisfied.

11. spencers macrumors 68020

spencers

I went with SGP Oleo front, and Phantom Skinz matte for the back

12. halisray thread starter macrumors regular

argh - I am torn between the powersupport or SGP..

13. chanerz macrumors 6502a

14. nelly41 macrumors regular

Damn. Shipping is expensive for ps. I had the sgp oleo before but didn't like it after a while because of it's oily smudges it leaves behind. I picked up the ps anti glare and I love it.

I kinda feel bad for people who don't have easy access to ps products now that apple stopped carrying them. Makes me want to go to the store and snag a few and help out a few macrumors-ers here. Lol.

15. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

Don't pay for shipping! eBay!

Better customer service too! Had 2 bad screens and they sent me a brand new package + prepaid envelope.

16. scvkurt03 macrumors newbie

I beg to differ on the customer service point...

I ordered a leather skin for my 4 and a screen protector for a 3G. Shipped out the next day, and was promptly lost by the post office. After getting the runaround for a week from the post office, thinking it was theirs to deal with, I called SGP who did some investigation of their own, called me back a few hours later and gave me a full refund for that order. I had ordered something else from them and had already received it by that point, and am COMPLETELY satisfied by their customer service.

I can't say anything negative about PS, but it's ALL good (product and service) in SGP land, for me.

17. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

That's good to hear. I haven't had any CS experiences with SGP at all, positive or negative, but most of the talk on here is on the negative side.

18. scvkurt03 macrumors newbie

Yeah...I guess that's why I felt compelled to comment on my positive experience. I was truly surprised when they called me back so soon.

BTW, I got an Ultra Matte IS, which comes with a Crystal screen protector, and it looks slick as hell. Combined with a bumper, I get killer reception, too.

19. Hinch87 macrumors newbie

PS or SGP?

Yes I am torn as well. I have the Zagg right now and it is awful...I was thinking about either trying the Anti-glare HD from PS or I know that SGP has a new ultra thin film anti-glare coming out (Although I dont know when since they have just released a beta version out). Should I wait for SGP (does anyone know when this is coming out?) or should I go for PS? I think I am going to go with some sort of AG since I hate finger prints. I know people rave about the Oleo, but I think I am willing to sacrifice some clarity. Thoughts anyone on waiting for SGP or should I just go for PS?

20. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

21. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

If you want....

Matte: Power Support HD Anti-Glare
    Middle-Ground: SGP Steinheil Ultra Oleophobic
    Clear: SGP Steinheil EX Ultra Crystal

22. scvkurt03 macrumors newbie

this.

23. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I want to order some PS and overnight them but that would cost more than the films would.

I ordered some for my 3GS a few weeks back but I ordered them on the Apple site because the overnight shipping was half of what PS charges. I wish Apple would sell the iPhone 4 PS films already.

24. GameraFan macrumors regular

Despite what all the SGP employees on this board tell you, their film does not adhere properly. PS does.