Powis iCase for iPad 2, coupon for $10 off

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Cool Hwhip, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Cool Hwhip, Mar 23, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2011

Cool Hwhip macrumors member

Thank you for your interest in Powis iCase for iPad 2. We are re-designing our case for the iPad 2 so it will be thinner and camera-ready, with special cutouts to expose the camera so it can be used without removing it from the case. And it will have all the unique features of our iPad 1 case.

Powis iCase for iPad 2 will be available in all leathers and designs, and will be shipping by May 16, 2011. [And watch for new designs coming soon!] You can place your order on our web site, starting the end of this week. Simply choose your leather or design and then click on the "Add to Cart" button under iPad 2.

We are also offering a special Limited Edition Powis iCase for iPad 2. Quantities are limited to the first 100 customers, so stay tuned!

Best Regards,

Brian Freeman
    Customer Service Representative

http://www.powisicase.com/positions.html

Use coupon code "dealer" for $10 off your order!

This amazing case has 9+ positions! That's the thing that I'm most worried about--the number of positions.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TheDoct0r macrumors newbie

This one actually looks pretty sweet, though I'm kind of curious at how bulky it might be.

3. nishijb macrumors newbie

I saw the $100 off in the title and got excited. Please update to reflect the $10 discount.

4. Aqua Bliss macrumors 6502

Costs $49 and we get $100 off - I'm in for 2 free ones!

5. Aqua Bliss macrumors 6502

Case looks pretty cool actually - anyone know if it has magnets to turn on/off the backlight like smart cover?

6. Cool Hwhip thread starter macrumors member

I asked him this exact question. Brian replied:

We are looking into it, and if it is possible, then we will make it happen.

Thank you for your input.

Brian Freeman

So hopefully, we get Smart Cover-like functionality!

7. Cool Hwhip thread starter macrumors member

8. UnstrungHarp macrumors newbie

Finally...

My iPad has been nekkid since I bought it on release day (thank you, rural Walmart), and I've been scouring this forum and Google every day looking for an acceptable case. My criteria shouldn't have been very hard to meet, but I just couldn't find one that was attractive enough for me to click the buy button. But, after checking out this case, the search is over...I hope!

All I wanted was a case that would...
    - Cover the screen when not in use
    - Provide multiple landscape viewing angles
    - Extra bonus: provide at least one portrait viewing angle
    - Not require removal of the iPad from the case for any reason
    - Not cover any of the bezel
    - Not be ugly or bulky
    - Come in a nice color, like black or brown (ha) but preferably both together
    - Not be insanely expensive

The only thing that was a deterrent to me about this case was the potential bulkiness...but since it met every other criteria, I was willing to order and hope for the best. What probably pushed me over the edge was the "old book" style in brown and black. *swoon*

Can't wait til it ships! :D

9. civla macrumors member

Smart Cover functionality

I have been looking for a case that balances function vs style and the Powis iCase for the iPad 2 looks like the closest one so far. I was ready to pull the trigger on a Portenzo, but I was still worried about having to buy something like the compass stand to have it at a certain angle securely. Also I find myself always reaching for a microfibre to wipe the screen, and sadly the Portenzo doesn't have any place to store one.

I think I am almost sold on the Powis iCase. I like how the Portenzo and Octavo both support the Smart Cover magnet-based unlocking of iPad when opening. The Powis iCase needs to have this too. Then it would be a no-brainer.

A nice to have/plus would be an optional camera opening that has a dust seal.

Thanks and hope to purchase one soon, if you get the smart cover functionality! :)

10. phant0m macrumors newbie

I, too, am debating between Portenzo and the iCase. I love the elegance and simplicity of Portenzo but the angles the iCase provide seems completely functional for my use.

My main concern about the iCase is the bulkiness of the case. I also don't particularly care for the interior plastic holster which looks incredibly cheap.

Curious to hear what previous owners have to say about these issues.

11. Cool Hwhip thread starter macrumors member

Portenzo only has looks. And almost no positions.

12. Cool Hwhip thread starter macrumors member

13. Aqua Bliss macrumors 6502

Backlight on/off is a make it or break it for me. I hate to have a short screensaver and I dont want to worry about manually turning off the backlight every time I close the case.

Any word back?

14. Fataliya macrumors newbie

15. bender0069 macrumors member

I love this case, if they make it a smart cover, it's mine

16. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Apple spends 18 hours a day, 7 days a week, for 11 grueling months to give you the slimmest, sleekest slab of technology on the planet, and you wanna clamp it to a leather hospital gurney?

[​IMG]

17. Cool Hwhip thread starter macrumors member

I asked them if it's going to have Smart Cover functionality. Waiting for a reply.

18. UnstrungHarp macrumors newbie

When Apple makes it "magically" levitate to the proper viewing and typing angles, surrounds it with an invisible force field that repels scratches, and creates an internal impact sensor that makes the iPad hover a few inches from the floor when dropped....it comes off the gurney.

:D To each his own!

19. geko29 macrumors 6502

After trying and returning the Targus 360 because it collapsed when touched in portrait mode (the primary reason I wanted it), this looks like it might be the ticket. Thinking about either the Black/Red interior or the Heavy Grain Brown.

20. bender0069 macrumors member

I just found this in my spam box, bummer

Hello Belynda,

Unfortunately our first version of the iCase will not have the magnet smart cover. However, we will develop our version of this feature in the future.

Thank you for your interest in the Powis iCase,

Brian Freeman

Powis Parker Inc.
    775 Heinz Ave
    Berkeley, CA 94070
    800-321-BIND

21. Hannah Montana macrumors newbie

no.

22. Hannah Montana macrumors newbie

23. bender0069 macrumors member

Got this email on Wed, thought I'd share for those interested
    Hello Belynda,

Good news, our Powis iCase 2 will have the magnet function (Smart cover functionality)! Closing the Powis iCase 2 will put your iPad 2 in sleep mode and opening the case will launch your iPad 2.

We noticed you have posted our original note to you online, so if you can kindly update the information to reflect our announcement would be appreciated!

Thank you!
    -Amir

Amir Shobeiri
    Customer Service Manager

p 800-321-BIND x274
    f 510-848-2169
    ashobeiri@powis.com
    www.powis.com

24. blazinz macrumors regular

Wow for $39 this does look pretty good ! Think I'm in for one.

25. UnstrungHarp macrumors newbie

That's great news, and the website says they're shipping on May 16! I ordered way back in March so I'm pretty anxious.

Lindsay