Pre-Order for existing Verizon customers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by manjaap, Jan 16, 2011.

1. manjaap macrumors member

I was wondering if anyone had any details about the Feb 3 preorder for existing customers. Is is through Apple or Verizon? Is it online, over the phone, or in-store? Thanks!

2. drarrex7 macrumors newbie

3. TimShady macrumors member

Still no word on what time yet, as far as I know. I signed up for email updates from Verizon for more info. I want my Verizon iPhone man! My BlackBerry/iPod Touch combo just ain't cutting it anymore.

4. MarximusMG macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG

Excuse my ignorance regarding how the whole pre-order process works, but I've heard that, in the past, if you pre-ordered through AT&T you would have to pick up the phone from their store or have it shipped to you. And if you pre-ordered through Apple, you would pick it up from an Apple store. Is this correct?

And do you choose a specific store to pick it up from? Or do you just go to the nearest location on launch morning and stand in the pre-order line?

5. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

im glad verizon customers get to pre-order, but im afraid of verizonwireless.com crashing on the 3rd, just like at&t.com and apple.com did when the iphone 4 originally began taking pre-orders

6. jas1973 macrumors 6502

why isn't apple taking Verizon pre-orders as as well as Verizon like they did with att? do they not want their website to go down like it did on the iPhone 4 launch day? or is it the deal they made with verizon that verizon handles all sales and service of the iphone on their network?

7. MacJohnson macrumors regular

MacJohnson

What about the people that currently have one line with an upgrade and want to change to a family plan with 2 lines and get an iphones for both lines. How would we go about doing that.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Your better off asking verizon wireless this as ultimately only they can answer this question

9. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

Really there's no details available, yet.

All Verizon has said is existing customers can order theirs from stock on the 3rd prior to Apple (online/retail) or Verizon retail stores and any new customers.

They said the week prior is when they'll have everything out and locked in so just keep an eye out starting the 23rd for details (I'm guessing info will go out either Monday or Friday next week).

10. ajpslp macrumors newbie

The prices described above for $650 to $750 is this for buying the phone while still under contract. Because its $199 and $299 for verizon customers with upgrades to new phone correct?

11. rocknroll macrumors newbie

Yes, that's right. The $649 and $749 prices are for retail, meaning if you are not eligible to upgrade and still want to purchase an iPhone.

12. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

correct

13. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

At least AT&T gives you the option of an early upgrade just that it is a little more than the Subsidized price as long as you spend over $100 per month on your bill for 12 months.

Verizon is really going to be very specific with their upgrades, I mean $649 or $749 wow and now you have to wait the full 24 months with no discounts anymore? Glad I switched to AT&T even though I can upgrade every 12 I am happy waiting 18.

14. Eric8199 macrumors 6502a

I emailed Verizon, and they said you will be able to add a line during the preorder. So you should be good, as long as you have at least one line on Verizon.

Tried to get data pricing out of her, but she said it hasn't been announced yet.

15. MauiGideon macrumors regular

I contacted verizon the other day about the iphone and slipped in the data question. The man told me it would be the same price... 30$ = Unlimited.

Could have been a slip up by him or maybe he just doesn't know what hes talkin about :eek:

16. darlenea macrumors member

I called Verizon and was told it was 30 dollars for unlimited data also for the iPhone and that the wifi hot spot was not an extra charge.

17. icyfire macrumors 6502

the price is going to be $599 and $699 full retail. That's what it said on Apple's site, see the attachment.

Attached Files:

18. MarximusMG macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG

If this really is the case, I'll be happier than a pig in a blanket. Hell, I'd take the iPhone 3G on this plan if it included this!

19. trsnrtr macrumors 6502

trsnrtr

Dude, I could have written your post word for word. :D

20. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

Those prices are for the current iPhone 4 on AT&T, right? Who's to say it will be exactly the same with the Verizon iPhone? It's all speculation until we get official pricing. It's probably safe to assume it won't be less than $600 for the 16gb, but it certainly could be more!

21. Pomeless macrumors regular

Been expecting that e-mail too. But it looks like were going to have to wait till the week prior.

When can I purchase iPhone?

iPhone 4 will be available for pre-order to Verizon Wireless customers only, on a “first come, first serve” basis via VerizonWireless.com, on or around February 3rd 2011 – details to be confirmed a week prior by Verizon Wireless. New and existing customers can purchase in select channels on February 10th 2011.

http://support.vzw.com/faqs/iphone/iphone_faq.html

22. dont24 macrumors regular

I was told the opposite. I'd have to wait until the 10th to add a line. I guess we'll wait and see.

23. MarximusMG macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG

No, those are the prices given on Apple's site specifically when you check your upgrade eligibility for a Verizon iPhone.

24. Jcloud8 macrumors member

Not to hijack thread but does anyone know if we preorder will we for sure get it on release day?

25. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

MarlboroLite

I can see wifi hotspot as free...what will not be free is the 5GB tethering plan you need to add in order to use the wifi hotspot feature.