Pre-Order from Best Buy Questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eXoBrute, Jun 15, 2010.

1. eXoBrute macrumors regular

Alright well i got impatient from not being able to place my order online so i went to Bestbuy to pre order the iphone 4 instead. The question (s) i have are,

1. Will Best buy be able to transfer my contacts from my current sim to the new one on the 24th?

2. Since i am not eligible for the upgrade yet but am in 2 months i can still do the upgrade at the reduced price ($199) because of the At&t early upgrade thing correct?

3. Will the BestBuy store be opening at 7AM on launch day like the apple store or is this unknown?

4. Will i decide my data plan and all that at the BestBuy store on the 24th since i did not select it today during the pre order like the apple store does?

Thanks

2. Built macrumors 68020

1. Aren't those contacts in your computer? When you sync the new phone, everything should just sync up.

2. Have you tried *639# ?

3. Nobody knows yet if BB will open early. Some of the stores have advised that they MAY open early.

Good luck!

3. eXoBrute thread starter macrumors regular

No m8 my contacts are not since i do not have an iphone currently, i do have at&t though, have not tried *639 yet and mind answering #4 if you know it?

Thanks m8

4. hcho3 macrumors 68030

1. Yes. Bestbuy has an equipment to transfer your contacts. They won't be able to transfer some information though.

2. *639# If it says you are eligible, then you are safe. If not, then well...

3. I heard bestbuy is opening at 7am, but this it not confirmed. It could be just some locations.

4. You will decide data plan at the bestbuy store. There are only two anyway.

5. eXoBrute thread starter macrumors regular

Ok thanks for answering all my questions. Just one more quick thing is i texted the *639 and it said im eligible on 8/17 but "we can offer you a discounted iphone upgrade at a higher price with a 2 year agreement and $18 upgrade fee" Someone had told me that when the iphone 4 was announced that at&t had said they were allowing early upgrades just for the iphone 4 for people who were eligible anytime in 2010, is this true?

6. RC83 macrumors 6502

anyone else receive a $50 gift card for pre ordering from best buy? I was #4 for the black 32gb, the guy said he can almost guarantee I get first shipment... ugh... I better! lol

7. tylertech macrumors regular

1. Most likely not

2. If the text message says you can, then Best Buy will probably use AT&T's servers to get the price for you.

3. Your Best Buy will call you to schedule an appointment, or it may be opening early.

4. You will do that when you get your phone and renew the contract.

8. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

That's just your deposit on the gift card.

9. eXoBrute thread starter macrumors regular

Yes i did get the $50 gift certificate, its like a deposit so they are not wasting appointments for people who aren't serious buyers.

Just one more quick thing is i texted the *639 and it said im eligible on 8/17 but it also said "we can offer you a discounted iphone upgrade at a higher price with a 2 year agreement and $18 upgrade fee", Someone had told me that when the iphone 4 was announced that at&t had said they were allowing early upgrades just for the iphone 4 for people who were eligible anytime in 2010, is this true?

10. RC83 macrumors 6502

:eek::eek: I knew it was too good to be true... hahah thanks for the heads up

11. RC83 macrumors 6502

I believe the early upgrade option is for previous iphone owners..

12. eXoBrute thread starter macrumors regular

Someone please answer I'm actually really pissing my pants right now

13. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I Actually used to work for AT&T not too long ago, so.... Are you ready to hear the truth?
    It's gonna get ugly.

14. eXoBrute thread starter macrumors regular

Someone please answer I'm actually really pissing my pants right now

Edit: **** just read RC83 post, Anyone know this for fact?

15. eXoBrute thread starter macrumors regular

hcho3 can u tell me m8? Is there anyway i can upgrade early for the $199, it says i'm not eligible until 8/17, theres no way to upgrade early?? ive already pre ordered it and everything :(

16. guitardedhero macrumors newbie

You're gonna have to pay 399/16gb or 599/32gb.

17. eXoBrute thread starter macrumors regular

NOOOOOO goddam it im so mad right now, theres no other way?? What if since my mom has the iPhone 3g which she got a year ago, what if i upgraded hers since RC83 said the early upgrade is for previous iphone owners and so i used her upgrade and got the iphone 4 for me and she still kept the 3g, would that work?

18. Maverick713 macrumors 6502

19. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I used to work for AT&T. (I did sales up to 3GS and now I no longer work for AT&T.)

Anyway, with that being said, that upgrade 8.17 is correct. Your upgrade date has been pulled up 6 months. This 6 months upgrade promotion already went into affect for iphone customers. If you don't have an iphone, then that's probably why it made you stay that way. I am afraid you have no way to upgrade early at 199 dollars price. If you go to apple store on 6/24/2010, they will say you have to pay 399 dollars. That's what early upgrade pricing means. Sorry to give you bad news.

20. eXoBrute thread starter macrumors regular

What if since my mom has the iPhone 3g which she got a year ago, what if i upgraded hers since the early upgrade is for previous iphone owners and so i used her upgrade and got the iphone 4 for me and she still kept the 3g, would that work?

Also are u saying that the 8/17/2010 is the date i can upgrade pulled up 6 months? cause thats been the date for the past year so thats not including the 6 months.

21. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Check her phone and typ *new#
    see what it says. If it says, you are eligible for discounted pricing, then you are good. No one will care what line you upgrade. You have a freedom to move around all the times. I would advise you to be careful with data plans though..
    If your mom has iphone 3G or 3GS, then she probably has unlimied 30 dollars data, Apple or AT&T employees could remove that data. You must not drop her data plans. (Of course, if she wants 200 MB or 2GB plans, then it doesn't matter.)

22. eXoBrute thread starter macrumors regular

Alright sweet, and she has the 200mb plan since she never ever uses the internet.

23. bhsu21 macrumors 6502

does anyone know if Best Buy will take cash or debit for the pre-order?

That's all my friend has. ATT wouldn't let him.

24. eXoBrute thread starter macrumors regular

Goddam i just texted it on her phone and it says a full discount is not available for you at this time and that its not available until 2011... why is this when she bought her phone 15 months ago?? Our bill is $150 a month also, people say this helps sometimes get upgrades

25. eXoBrute thread starter macrumors regular

Please someone answer im really mad right now