Pre-Order from Radioshack

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Numbers624, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Numbers624 macrumors newbie

Anyone ever Pre-Order from Radioshack? I've had friends who have had good experiences there. A store manager told me they are giving out $50 itunes gift cards with pre-orders. I'm not sure if a retailer like that will not have the phones on release day. If you pre-order, will they be there on release day or is there still a delay?

2. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

note really a pre-order

Depends on how many they get shipped to them. It is really not a pre-order but more of a reservation.

But if you don't get there early, don't be surprised if your 'pre-ordered' phone has been sold.

The only way to pre-order is with apple or from a carrier.

3. Stalyn macrumors regular

4. Iphoneness macrumors 6502

Iphoneness

RadioShack does "preorder sheets" which is just a list of names and phone numbers in order of who called first to get on the list. I've never done it before but I added my name to the list today as a backup in case my apple.com order doesn't work, then Verizon.com order doesn't work, Verizon phone order doesn't work, and Verizon store order doesn't work. Lol

5. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Baaaaaaad idea. I "reserved" an iPhone4 at Radio Shack and I'm still waiting for a call, 4 years later.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol:D
    “You’ve got questions, we’ve got answers."
    But we will answer you 4 years later:D

7. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

I had a great experience with RS for the 5. I am #1 on the list for the model of 6 I want.

8. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

good luck

9. Numbers624 thread starter macrumors newbie

Can you describe great experience?

----------

So if your Apple or Verizon internet order works, do they ship the phone to you on the first day it releases or around there?

10. duaneu macrumors 6502a

It could work, but it's a gamble. You never know how much stock they'll have on release day. Apple stores will have the most stock, followed by carrier stores. Third party retailers like Radio Shack, Best Buy or Wal Mart can be very hit & miss. They may have very little stock and not much choice of models.

11. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Exact same story. I was even told I was first on the list. Called on release day, was told they received no stock but still had reservations in place. Never received a call after that, so I'm glad I didn't wait for them. I picked one up at Wal-Mart on release day by luck.

12. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

Sure. I ordered it with the manager at the store. I was # 2 in line.She called the evening before release and said your phone is in and to come by tomorrow by whatever time we agreed on and it was there waiting for me. They activated it which took forever b/c AT&T was having issues.

13. AJEswim macrumors newbie

I personally work there and right now until the 27th of this month if you buy any iPhone you get a $50 iTunes gift card. Your best bet is to get a preorder in ASAP, starting Friday of course. That way you're top of the list, because quantity will be limited day one.

14. OhIt'sHim macrumors newbie

Can you or someone else confirm that Verizon customers will get the NFLShop.com gift card instead of the iTunes gift card? This is the only place that seems to state that. Other sources didn't mention it.

www.imore.com/radio-shack-offers-free-50-itunes-card-most-new-iphone-purchases-until-sept-27