Pre-order - Shipping address change?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Namji, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

Anyone able to successfully change their shipping address either online or via customer service on their iphone pre-order when you ordered from VZW website?

When I ordered 3 AM this morning I was not able to find anywhere that gave me the options to change the shipping address to my work address.

2. Tony Stark macrumors newbie

Nope, bought mine on Apple's website after a few minutes of that mess on Verizon's...all good...now the waiting begins!

3. jlmba08 macrumors newbie

Just had the same issue. Verizon's policy is to ship to the same address as the billing address on the account (where your bills go).

4. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

there was a checkbox to ship to an address other than billing on mine. I wanted the same address so didn't check it. strange though on my confirmation email my apartment number didn't show up. I'm going to call later and change shipping to my house

5. MarximusMG macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG

I had the same issue. My apartment number didn't show up on the confirmation email. I'm sure it's just a glitch, as I know I entered it in in the form.

6. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

did it show up on billing address?

mine was on the billing address but not on shipping, strange.

7. MarximusMG macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG

No it didn't show up on either. But I know it was there on the order form. I emailed them about it. I know they're absolutely swamped right now but hopefully I'll hear back soon.

8. mrcribbs macrumors newbie

My shipping address was ok but had to select a residential instead of business because it kept giving me an error saying enter business name but there was nowhere to put it.

My confirmation email showed an incomplete billing address like stated above.

9. Namji thread starter macrumors 6502a

Namji

I didn't see the chesk box.. then again I just woke up and was a little dazed when I placed the order at 3:00 AM :)

I called VZW customer this morning regarding the change of the shipping address and the ladie said that she could cancel the order and replace the order with the new address, however... I will lose my 1036th place in line which means I would be in the back of the line and not guaranteed to get the phone on the 10th.

I then asked if it was possible to have the address changed via FedEx at the time of the shipment and she said yes and asked me to call when I get the e-mail notification that my phone was shipped to have the delivery location changed.
    :eek:

10. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

I would call them to make sure they get it right. It won't be shipping for a few days anyway I would think

11. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

I don't see why they can't change it without cancelling the order :mad: I think she's trying to get credit for sales or something, sounds like BS to me

Thanks good at least I'll be doing this, who do we call fedex or veriz?

12. japjoe7 macrumors member

japjoe7

I was able to change my shipping address to my work address. Because of the issue with the business name I just added it to my first name. I received my confirmation.

13. JosephDorian macrumors newbie

I put in a different shipping address when I ordered the phone last night and the order processed without a problem, its also correct on my confirmation email that I received. I hope my order ships without a problem.

14. Namji thread starter macrumors 6502a

Namji

I just spoke with our "regular" FedEx delivery guy just now and he told me that once I get the tracking number from Verizon, I should call FedEx customer service and they would be able to change the delivery location.

15. LincolnsiPod macrumors 6502a

My address was prefilled but it didn't show my apartment number. I don't get why the address didn't have a second line to account for apartment numbers. Do they think we all have houses here??

I added my unit number right after my street address but when I got my email confirmation it omitted it AGAIN. :mad: The address looked abbreviated to me though, so maybe that's what it is.

16. Vihzel macrumors 6502

If you're trying to change your shipping address to your billing address, just call them and ask for the change. I did it with an Apple rep and he changed it immediately.

17. Namji thread starter macrumors 6502a

Namji

This thread is in connection to people who have ordered via VZW website..
    Not Apple website.

18. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

It's an anti-fraud type thing, I believe.

I'd call verizon as soon as you get the tracking number and ask for them to change it to an intercept/pickup at the depot.

Sometimes items cannot be changed to an intercept unless the shipper orders it - it was that way a couple years ago anyway when i ordered my iPod Nano (kept seeing the truck with it leaving the freeway as I got on to go to work X.X) - on a break I tried calling FedEx and was told that item would require Apple to change it. In the end I just waited out the 3 attempts and picked it up at the depot on my day off (Go figure, right? So I "went to work" anyway on my day off because guess what's next door almost?)

19. MarximusMG macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG

I'm betting that you'll have the most luck calling FedEx when the phone is shipped. Have them change the delivery address. I've done it before. Shouldn't be a problem!

20. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

this is what I'll do. Mine's being delivered to NYC so the depot isn't an option there.

I'll have them change it to my house outside the city

21. Invol2ver macrumors newbie

Had similar issues ordering from the VZW website. My bill normally goes to my house; but if I ship this to my house, I will not be there to sign for it. There was an option to select a different shipping address, and then for a business address, but I repeatedly received an error message stating please enter Company Name although there was no field to enter a Company Name.

My fix: logged onto my account in VZW. Changed my billing address to my work address. Then logged out. Started the pre-order process again. Shipping form was then automatically filled with my work address. Then on the credit card page, I input my information including my zip code associated with my credit card (home). Submitted just fine.

Confirmation email did not show all the details of my work address (company name, suite # on the address). I believe this is just a glitch. I talked to a Verizon phone rep and she said when the labels print out, it will print out the info on my account which she showed as containing all of these details. She said I can change my billing address associated with my VZW account but that I should wait to do so until after the iphone ships.

Then, I went onto the Apple Store, bought a decent case and an Apple Care package (on top of the total warranty package with VZW, which includes accidental damage). As an aside, when I was having the above difficulties I also tried ordering from the Apple Store directly, but learned they can only ship the iphone pre-orders to whatever billing address you have on file with Verizon. But you can't order Verizon's warranty/insurance packages from Apple.

All in all, way more difficult than it needed to be, but that's part and parcel of dealing with Verizon. I'm glad to be able to finally untether part of my cellphone experience from them, so well worth it!

22. pyroza macrumors regular

I entered in my dorm mailbox address (with mailbox number) but on the confirmation email it just has the street address with no box number... I know I put it in there. Uhh... :confused:

Okay, just read the post above. Hopefully it is just a glitch.

23. chokepoint macrumors newbie

I wanted my order shipped to my work address because no one is ever home in the day to sign for it.

I was unable to do this on the Apple website, so I switched to the Verizon website. Using my home Mac and Firefox, I got the error in which there was no place to enter my company name, but kept getting error messages saying it was missing. I thought about switching to Safari, but I was running late for work by that point.

At work using a PC and Internet Explorer, everything seemed to work OK.

However, the confirmation email only lists my company name, and does not list my name. Without my name on the shipping label, there's a good chance I will not receive the package! :(

I called Verizon, and they said that all of the info will probably be on the shipping label despite the email confirmation, but regardless, they can correct any shipping label glitches once I have a tracking number.

Fingers crossed here.

24. Corgy, Feb 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  25. Namji thread starter macrumors 6502a

Namji

The area probably had limited space to enter the data and the letters / numbers just doesn't show.