Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

buffalo

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2005
Tacoma, WA
Anybody that ordered from Apple get their shipping address changed from their Verizon billing address? I need to order from them since I am not eligible for an upgrade, but there's no easy way to change the shipping address. When I change the billing address on the Verizon account, it is not accurately reflected on Apple's website. The street address is correct, but Apple omits Address line 1, where I have the name of the business it needs to go to.

chantejoy

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2011
Annoyed

I put my iPhone 4 order in online with Verizon just after midnight on Thursday. I was probably one of the first orders placed in the queue. Then I notice that the receipt cut off my Apt number completely. Their customer service was closed until 6 am. I call the customer service at 8 am. I ask the woman if she can go in and make sure the Apt number is on the shipping label on their end. She puts me on hold, comes back and tells me my only option is to cancel the order and redo it! (She also sounded like she hated her job and wasn't going to go the extra mile. You know the type.)

I did what I was instructed to do, and once again recieved the receipt with no visible Apt number. I called and asked for a manager. Of course, they wanted me to tell them the issue before they transfered me, but I INSISTED THAT I needed a manager and had already been misinformed by a rep who caused me to lose my place in the line of orders going out. When I told the manager that I had been told to cancel the order he shouted 'NO!' over the phone and was hoping I hadn't done this yet. I was like, 'I did what your rep instructed me to!' He said that he'd note my file, and that he believed the reciept probably just cut it off but that the label going out would be addressed as I had typed it on the screen on their website at the time of order. He also said that I'd be able to track it the whole time. (I can track it all I want, but if the delivery guy sees no apartment number and brings it back to the truck as UNDELIVERABLE, all the tracking doesn't help me)

Honestly, this really sucks but I hope the full address does appear as I typed it. But I am not convinced. Today I received a package from Verizon that a neighbor had placed outside my door. I had requested that they send materials so I could trade in my old phone. Surprise, surprise- It had no apartment number on it! I don't know who placed it outside my door...but I can't count on that happening when this phone that is worth hundreds of dollars arrives.

What is wrong with Verizon? This is too big an operation to be sending confirmations with incomplete addresses. I am so pissed that that chick told me I had to cancel the order and redo it, as well. And while I am venting, did anyone else find the $60 'taxes and fees' a bit suspect?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.