Pre-order window time to receive on launch day?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TechnicallyTee, Sep 11, 2015.

1. TechnicallyTee macrumors 65816

TechnicallyTee

People who have been through the pre-order game before, what is the time frame you have to order in in order to receive the device on launch day? I expect within the first 5 minutes and after the dates would begin to slip. I know this may not be true but I know they tend to slip quickly.

2. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

3. Decimotox macrumors 6502a

Never pre-ordered anything before, so I look forward to the chaos haha.

I'll be there right at 12:01.

4. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

5. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

As people have been saying it is a couple of hours.. I usually waste my time staying up till 3 am EST to order and the sites are all so slow.. I end up going to bed and getting up at 6-7 am and placing my order and getting it on release day. Best thing to do it have all your profiles up to date on the apple site and activate the express checkout...

6. Skoal macrumors 65816

I pre-order all my iPhone's and have always recieved them launch day. I don't play the stay up all night game. In my experience there has been no correlation to time ordered and time recieved. I ordered my iPhone 6 about 11am morning of launch and got it on launch day.

7. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

or will the new display cause supply restrains? Better safe than sorry. Do not put yourself in the apple watch situation.

8. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

There 100% is a relationship to order time and time received unless you are in the same window.

9. TechnicallyTee thread starter macrumors 65816

TechnicallyTee

Right. I was going to say there is a correlation between the time you order and time received. I know dates slipped on the 6 plus quickly. The 6 may have been a different story.

10. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

lets also not forget preorders are on Saturday this year. That will make a big difference IMO.

11. Skoal macrumors 65816

Just because you say "100%" on the internet doesn't make it fact!

Explain to me how so many people who ordered at midnight didnt receive their phones on launch day when I ordered my iPhone 5 24 hours after pre order and did. I never order before the sun comes up. 11am is the earliest I've ever pre-ordered.

This topic comes up everytime a new phone comes out and it's the same thing every time.

12. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

There is plenty of scenerios that are in play for the relationship in order time & time received... I think location & specific model also plays a part in that relationship.

13. jwire4 macrumors regular

Not sure why many people are saying hours, but my experience has always been much more critical than that. The iPhone 6+ pre order process last year especially stands out, as well as the Apple Watch. If you didn't get your order in within a few minutes, you were SOL for getting it on launch day. Obviously it depends on which model you're going for, but as someone who as been through this process many times, my advice: be patient and be ready. As soon as the online store goes up, you better be speedy and know how to navigate.

14. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

Ya like others have said...

Lets just say - If I wanted a 64 GB 6s Plus in Rose Gold I'd def be planning to be online at 12:01 AM PST/3:01 AM EST...

15. TechnicallyTee thread starter macrumors 65816

TechnicallyTee

Yeah I know there are tons of factors to say so but regardless I will be ready at 3:01am to order my 6S+ 64GB in silver.

16. Skoal macrumors 65816

The 6+ seemed to be the cause of most people's frustration for pre order last time. I wonder if the 6+ will be an issue this time around. Now that it's not new will people still want the bigger phone as much? I do think the rose gold will be in high demand simply because it's new and Apple freaks go nuts for anything new no matter what it is. I can't blame them!

17. Che Castro macrumors 603

I wouldn't risk it

The apple watch after 3 minutes it was gone and you had to wait months/weeks

18. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

This right here. Truth.

You have no idea in any given year which configuration will be hot/in short supply. Why gamble?

If you really want to guarantee you get the phone *you want* on launch day, it won't kill you to get up early, order it as soon as it goes online then go back to bed.

19. bushman4 macrumors 68000

This is not the 6 which had a new size and phablet size Apple has plenty of supply and preorders should be calmer

20. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

order within 10 mins to ensure release date arrival...

SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE haha.

21. dcgore macrumors member

It also depends on the color and model. I think there will be plenty of 16GBs to go around.

22. thatpluslife macrumors regular

thatpluslife

I've never pre ordered through apple before but I have pre ordered for other collectibles through various different major websites. I would just say be prepared for the worst... I thought the 6s pre order would be easier but now with the new program, new screen, new camera, pre orders being on a non work day.. We may see chaos.. Just breathe and rain positive if that happens. Lol

23. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

24. ipadded macrumors member

ipadded

25. _Dubs_ macrumors newbie

Although I plan on being online at 1201, I ordered the Apple Watch Sport at 7am the following morning and got it launch day. A buddy of mine was there the minute the pre-order started, got the same watch (except he got the black band, I got white) and got his a few weeks after release.