Pre-Ordered iPhone4 32GB at AT&T store, won't get it until maybe the 29th

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by maturola, Jun 24, 2010.

1. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I've been looking around and I haven't found anyone in the same boat as me, I am wondering if the 32GB are beng delayed or I just got bad luck with my store.

edit: AT&T store at Atlanta GA - Midtown

I pre-ordered my 32GB on 6/15 at the same time as my girlfriend which pre-ordered the 16GB, i was the Pre-order #18 on the store and #4 for a 32GB.

Today my GF got a call that her phone was ready to pick up while i got a phone call telling me that they don;t have my phone and they don't know when are they going to get it, all the system is telling them is that it will be there on or before June 29th (so I will possible get it as the same time as everyone who didn't pre-ordered it).

anyone else in a similar or same case??

2. St8kout macrumors regular

Mine just arrived and on time with no problems. Black 32GB along with a car charger.

3. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Cancel the order. The Apple website is still saying delivery by July 14th. Though of course Apple could reverse that promise and deliver it in 2015.

4. maturola thread starter macrumors 68040

maturola

I guess i am SOL

I guess I am an isolated case them, my luck =(, it just upset me that the concept of "pre-order" it's just a marketing slogan for AT&T and not an actual pre-order. no options but to wait.

5. seatrial macrumors newbie

You are not alone. I'm in exactly the same situation. I preordered the 32GB on 6/15. My partner ordered a 16GB. We were preorders 10 and 11 respectively at this store. He got his iphone today and mine...who really knows. I'm stuck because AT&T will not refund my money for the phone. In addition, I am on vacation next week and will not be able to pick up a phone if it arrives. I will be moved to the bottom of the preorder list. I say shame on you AT&T for not holding phones for those that are delayed. I have already put my life on hold for today and tomorrow in hopes that I would get the phone. This is arrogant and just remember as a company you reap what you sow. Shame shame!!!

6. maturola thread starter macrumors 68040

maturola

Funny, Are you in the Atlanta GA area by any chance?? LOL; so i am not alone on the boat, I am going on vacation on Wednesday, if it doesn't get here by them I will be move to the bottom of the list as well.

At this point I have my hipe that it may show tomorrow but if not I am going just to wait wheneven i get it, return it and wait for the white one.

7. taimur85 macrumors newbie

Same boat. Atlanta, GA. I was told it was a nationwide thing, but the Lenox ATT store told me they had no problems. I ordered from Brookhaven, and they said they didn't receive any, same story with the Lindbergh location. Kind of funny considering ATT is headquartered here...

8. maturola thread starter macrumors 68040

maturola

I am about to call my Amex and explain them what happend and get a charge back, I feel it is just unfair they made me paid the price in full for a pre-order almost 2 weeks before and not get my phone in time.

9. Missing Twat macrumors newbie

woah. i am in same situation. i was first customer in store (waited 15 minutes outside) 6/15 and somehow there were 4 pre-orders before me. This was the Riverside plaza Lawrenceville, GA store. I ordered the iPhone 4 32GB and was called Wed 6/23 that they did not receive any stock of the 32GB phones in and I will not receive it on launch day.

MAJOR bummer. I too am going on vacation next week starting Thursday so I am feeling very stressed about this whole sitiuation. They also didn't say when they are getting the phones in but she did say it was going to be the next couple of days because it wasn't sold out it was just that they never received the initial shipment. I do hope it is today so I can stop worrying. I can't handle this type of suspense. This is why I don't ebay.

I am also unable to look up my order on the ATT website. This has been a very disappointing and confusing experience.

After all this I better not get a phone with yellow screen, no reception, reversed volume buttons, or easily shattered case.

10. maturola thread starter macrumors 68040

maturola

What pissed me off the most is the missinformation from the AT&T staff, they should as a minimum have tracking for their orders and know where they are, if they tell me that it will get here in January 2015 at least I know what to expect, then i can call my creditcard and get my money back and get it somewhere else. I rather stand in line for 8 or more hours than being threat it like an idiot by AT&T.

anyways, sorry for the bitching i needed to drain a bit.

I called the store and it will not be today, they open about 2 hours ago and Fedex shipment already have been delivered for today. :mad:

11. taimur85 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know someone who works for ATT? We need to figure out why this is happening in the Metro-Atlanta area only. I haven't been able to get my ATT store to give me a tracking number, can't check it online, and of course they have NO idea when anything is coming in. The only relief I have is that they said when they receive the other order on the 29th, pre-orders will be filled first before the release them to walk-ins. At least that's what they say...they also said I'd have my iphone yesterday. Fools...

12. Missing Twat macrumors newbie

i know some technical analysts, but that won't do us any good.

13. taimur85 macrumors newbie

Small update. Called the Lindbergh location again, and they said they are having a meeting tomorrow to figure out when they are actually supposed to get the 32gbs. So I guess not today...and not likely tomorrow either. Probably waiting til they open up to the public, they better keep mine on reserve!

14. nicalai macrumors newbie

i preordered at the ATT store on 6/15 at 6:30pm (32gb).. i received it wed at 10:30am...

15. taimur85 macrumors newbie

SOOOOOO Lenox store has had no problems, because they are a CORPORATE store. The stores we went to, apparently, were Agent/dealer stores, which explains the discrepancy. Word of advice for the future, NEVER deal with an agent/dealer store, only go to corporate. These idiots have NO idea what's going on and will not know anything until the phone literally show up in front of them.

16. maturola thread starter macrumors 68040

maturola

Never again, next time I will be in line on the Apple store, I did it because it was the store close to my house and I really didn't have any issue when the 3GS came out, in and out of the store on release day in about 20min.

17. Missing Twat macrumors newbie

yep. me too.

got message from att on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=14871&post=79371&uid=8576093908#post79371

my att retailer is so full of ****. have i already called them a lemonade stand?

18. maturola thread starter macrumors 68040

maturola

At&t

AT&T called me and left a message to check how was my experience while upgrading to my new iPhone!....are you for real????? FU.... AT&T

19. Missing Twat macrumors newbie

ha!! I will surely give them a piece of my mind if they called me. Those rat bastards.

20. Missing Twat macrumors newbie

OK, i just got my phone. 32GB Black. My store only received one today and I got it. They told me that they normally do not get Saturday deliveries and found out late last night.

Good Luck on your situation!!

21. maturola thread starter macrumors 68040

maturola

Great to know you got yours, they haven't call me so I guess they didn't received or didn't received enough to cover my pre-order (I don;t want to call them since i am just going to get upset with not real s=resolution). But i go high hopes for Monday. Thanks for the feedback.

22. seatrial macrumors newbie

Just wanted to update my situation.

I preordered from the AT&T store in Decatur on Ponce. They say that they got a couple of 32gb in today, but I am about number 10 on the list for a 32gb so I didn't get one. Of course the list is top secret as is the number of phones they recieved. I am going out of town all of next week. They expect more in maybe Tuesday so I will be moved to the bottom of the list and with the 32gb shortage and selling to everyone starting Tuesday I will be lucky to get a phone in the next month. I asked for a refund and was told "absolutely no way". This is wrong. How many days should I have to put my life on hold to pick up a stupid phone. AT&T has charged my credit card and I am watching people buy 32gb phones from the Apple store. AT&T should at least hold phones for those of us who have had to wait until next week and can't fit our lives into their schedule. We were led to believe that we would get the phones on Thursday, Friday or Saturday this week...didn't happen.

Again...shame on you AT&T you could at least try to make this right for those of us in this situation, but you're not going to....

23. maturola thread starter macrumors 68040

maturola

I already called AMEX and explain the situation, they told me they will back me up, If i don't get my phone by tomorrow I will call again and initiate the charge back, They told me they will ask the store for proof of delivery and if they don't provide that in 7 business days the charge back will be make. That is the only reason i haven't done it yet, since it will take some time.

but since I am going on Vacation and that will push me to end of the list I will just do it them.

You may want to check with your CC company, maybe they can help you, I actually call AT&T as well, they rep was very nice about it even when he couldn't really do anything for me since it is a rep store, he did say that they will support me in make any change to my account and contact if I decided to go another route and get another phone or just get it somewhere else. (I've been an AT&T customer for 10 year+)

i will update tomorrow!

24. taimur85 macrumors newbie

Annnnnnnnnnnnd no iPhone again today. Apparently they only received 4 32gb versions today...this is getting ridiculous.

25. maturola thread starter macrumors 68040

maturola

Still no iPhone for me!....:mad:

Just a quick update