Pre-ordering from carrier, Apple, or store-walk in?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by N e e k, Sep 9, 2014.

1. N e e k macrumors 6502

What do you guys do? What's most reliable? I feel like if I pre-order from Sprint I won't get my phone on launch day, but if I order from Apple, I will. I don't know why, I just have that feeling.

Walking into a store on launch day I just feel like I won't get a phone and they'll all be bought already.

2. Rafterman macrumors 68000

Buying from Apple is always most reliable. I never had a problem online, though you have to jump online the moment ordering starts, in order to guarantee a first batch phone. Even if it means getting up at 3AM on order day :) l would only buy from the carrier store if they are offering special discounts from like a business plan or something like that. And standing in in at an Apple physical store for hours? Blech.

3. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

4. wxman2003 Suspended

Had no problem preordering from Verizon last year. Paid full price. If I remember last year, if paying full price, there was no way to initially do that from Apple for Verizon or AT&T. It forced you to upgrade and change your contract. I have unlimited, so Verizon website was only way to do it.

5. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Probably store walk in. I have class at 11AM so I have time to wait in line for a bit since I'm already up around 6am to prep.

6. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

Debating between Apple online store and Verizon online. If Apple online store lets us preorder an unlocked Verizon iPhone 6 Plus, I'll go Apple online store. If not, Verizon.

7. eggersj macrumors 6502

eggersj

Apple store... 5.5" 64gb I'm white/silver for this guy!

8. wxman2003 Suspended

If you are doing an upgrade it will work. Verizon iPhone is unlocked, whether you get it from Verizon or Apple. However, if you are paying full price, you may not be able to initially do that right away, except through Verizon.

9. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

That's what I meant to say, full price, not unlocked. :) I knew what I meant to say, just didn't say it right haha. Good to know. Hopefully we can pay full price for the contract-free iPhone 6 Plus through Verizon.

10. ZebraDude macrumors 6502a

ZebraDude

I have a SERO-P plan with Sprint and I can upgrade only online with them...:mad:

11. N e e k thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I'm not sure If I'll do the Easy Pay or not, I don't even know how that works. But I'm pretty sure you can't do the easy pay through apple.

12. latsyrhc macrumors regular

latsyrhc

I pre-ordered LATE over the phone with AT&T last year.. a 32gb gold one, which, if I remember correctly, had the least stock. Was told I had to wait a month or two to get it, but was surprised when I got it a couple weeks after I ordered.

I've never had a problem ordering over the phone with AT&T, not even long wait times to talk to someone. It's never taken me more the 15 minutes to order and I've upgraded every year since the iPhone 3.

13. Bswartz95 macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

I'm paying full price, so my only options are Verizon website or the Apple Store.

I'm weighing my options - get up at 3am and order on the Verizon website or go to the Apple Store after work at 3pm and wait in whatever line they have. Ugh.

14. ninaco macrumors 6502

ninaco

I chatted with Apple Store, and was told that a full-price Verizon phone would only be available through Verizon. :( I know CS is often wrong, but that matches what's showing up in the store.

I'm doubtful that Verizon will make them available for preorder.

15. sjperformance macrumors 6502

sjperformance

I plan to pre order Friday at 3 am either apple.com or AT&T.com...it all depends which website allows me to do it first...can u imagine the server overloads. Good thing is 2 iPhones with 3 different sizes in 3 diff colors. Even better now.

16. sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

If I remember correctly folks that preordered from Apple usually got theirs faster than preordering from a carrier.

17. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Most likely Best Buy. I have a gift card I can use on the phone so it seems like this might be the time to use it! :cool:

18. wxman2003 Suspended

I bought full price preorder from Verizon last year on their web site. They don't like selling them full price day one in their stores.

----------

Verizon customers last year got the 5S as quickly as if ordered from Apple.

19. ltb7 macrumors 6502

yes this is correct!

20. BIRDinho macrumors regular

Anyone know how online preorders with T Mobile JUMP plan works?

21. djpatrickb macrumors newbie

djpatrickb

I ordered at 3am on preorder day last year through the Verizon site and received the phone at 11am on released day. Verizon sent me a shipping confirmation two days before release day.

22. wickedwahine11 macrumors 6502

wickedwahine11

I don't have the option of the preorder since I am out of town from 9/15-9/29 and can't receive delivery of it, so it looks like I will be in line at a local Apple or ATT store or waiting until I get back home.

23. ltb7 macrumors 6502

pre order online on the night of the 12th

----------

you may at least try to pre order, you can do pick up in store this time, you never know how nuts it could be so just pre order and walk past the peeps in line!

24. wickedwahine11 macrumors 6502

wickedwahine11

Thanks but I can't preorder because I am out of town until the 29th - nobody will be home to get the delivery.

25. ethan028 macrumors 6502a

ethan028

I would love to know this too.

T-Mobile has their uncarrier 7.0 today at 1PM. We should probably get more details from that.