Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Khabbi

macrumors member
Original poster
May 8, 2009
I can't help but think about the problem I have with my iPhone when I am using 3G all day on my phone, it absolutely KILLS my battery life.. so much that I think I only get 33% of the battery life I would get with only using wifi (just my observations from my 3G phone)...

SO, given that, the Ipad will run for 8-10 hours on a charge without 3G, what are your predictions on how much life you're going to get with the Ipad when using 3G all day long? I hope I'm wrong, but I'm betting 3hrs at the most with strong 3G usage.. which IMO would suck.

Any thoughts or predictions? I guess we'll be finding out soon.. but I'd like to hear what everyone is thinking on this one...

wombat888

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2008
According to the info posted on Apple's site for a while ... 9 hours of Web browsing using 3g. 10 hours using wifi.

Khabbi

macrumors member
Original poster
May 8, 2009
9 hrs on 3G and 10hrs on wifi? I'm calling B.S. on the 9hrs/3G.. but we'll see.

Sorry for another "3g battery life" thread, I've been lurking on the iPad forums but haven't seen anyone address this.. but obviously they have.. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.