Prejudiced Front Page stories forums

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by ValiumEater, Jan 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValiumEater, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2016

ValiumEater macrumors regular

So: "Due to the political nature of the discussion regarding this topic, the discussion thread is located in our Politics, Religion, Social Issues forum. All forum members and site visitors are welcome to read and follow the thread, but posting is limited to forum members with at least 100 posts."...about MLK, yet I can't make a comment in the forum. I can watch from afar, but can't state my opinion. Ironic.

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

It's because you don't have 100 posts yet. Once you have 100 posts, you can comment on PRSI. (Plus I think it used to be 250 posts for PRSI?)

From what I understand/suspect, they do this to limit trolling - if a poster is one to deliberately rile others up and cause trouble, this would have been identified/warned about much earlier (within 100 posts). And I can tell you that PRSI is a hotbed for heated arguments. :D

It's not 1000 posts or anything, so it's certainly not the end of the world. As you only joined 1 month ago I wouldn't worry too much, just give it another few months and you'll be good to go.

3. ValiumEater thread starter macrumors regular

Oh I understand why I can't post, I just disagree with putting that story into a forum that limits people from posting because they aren't of a certain level on the site. I've seen far worse things posted on this site in other threads than what could be posted in that one.

I only came here a month ago, so I shouldn't worry about it. I'll get to vote and state my opinion if I wait long enough and I'll be "good to go" right?

4. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

It's a crude but simple way to limit abuse and trolling in those threads. Without the post limit, people will register a new account, post offensive/inciteful things and repeat. People can do that now on regular threads but it just doesn't have the same draw as political threads.

5. ValiumEater thread starter macrumors regular

Well as long as it's simple. Wouldn't want to make it hard to restrict people from posting opinions or anything.

6. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

Sounds like the restriction is doing its job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.