Premier Store and iPhone 3GS Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by oloz, Jun 9, 2009.

1. oloz macrumors newbie

I'm currently using a FAN discount on my AT&T account through my school. I want to add a line to purchase the new iPhone, however it directs me to the premier store which currently does not have the iPhone 3GS listed, just the older models. Any way around this?

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Apple's website? I've heard some people with FANs were able to use that.

3. oloz thread starter macrumors newbie

4. flapperdink macrumors member

i have the same issue...i get an AT&T discount through my employer and it automatically directs me to the Premier Site. i sent a quick email to AT&T to see what the deal is...I may just give them a call tonight.

5. oloz thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there anyway to remove the FAN temporarily?

6. ecks618 macrumors 6502

ecks618

I would suggest against this, AT&T frowns upon this and they gave me a lot of issues when I did this upon upgrading to the 3G. It took over a month and talking to every supervisor to get it back on.

7. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Yes, but, as someone said, its frowned upon and a pain in the hind side. Plus, this could lead to you having to pay full price for up to a few months.

Can't you just go to an AT&T store?

8. Ron21 macrumors 6502a

Just go to the Apple website. I have a FAN and a Family plan.

9. solarguy17 macrumors 6502a

you can still order the phone on the regular site and then add the discount to the plan later but i know where I work ATT website autoredirects to the business site which has no iphone 3G S. So I would have to order at home or on my ipod touch.

10. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

I removed it

I'm not sure about FAN when using two different phones. I had a FAN through my employer. But since my wife and I each have an iPhone on family talk, the FAN did nothing for us anyway. I also kept getting the Premier Store, but within minutes of calling and removing the FAN, I was able to upgrade my wife's 2G to 3GS (I'm keeping my 3G until iPhone 4).

But again, the FAN did us no good anyway. To avoid having your discounted rates go up, be patient and buy the 3GS in person.

Given this is the third way Apple and AT&T has released the iPhone, it appears they are learning from past mistakes. Remembering last year's debacle, that's probably why they decided to release 3.0 and 3GS two days apart. The FAN appears to be an issue, and I'm sure some more problems will creep up. I'm sure all of that will be fixed for the 4.0 release.

It's a learning experience. No other phone causes this much hassle for the carrier or the manufacturer upon release. Be patient.

11. midnitedriver macrumors newbie

They offerred the new iPhone 3Gs through the AT&T Premier website earlier today, and there's a link on the store now...but they have since removed the phone from the page with all the phones. I'm sure it'll be available again in a few hours or tomorrow.

Funny thing when I called them earlier tonight. They really tried pushing the old 3G, saying that it was "on special sale" and that it was virtually identical to the new phone. I'm sure they have a tremendous inventory they need to unload.

12. ecks618 macrumors 6502

ecks618

Just confirmed with the Apple store manager, the FAN discount does not get taken off. It didn't work for me online but worked flawless at the apple store.

13. Wolffie macrumors regular

Wolffie

I just logged into the my Premier Store. The iPhone 3Gs is available.

14. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

Weird ... I see the graphic at the front premier page but clicking it just lists the old iphones.

15. rollingstart Guest

Yeah, it's there now.

16. koopa35 macrumors 6502

me too

17. CKohkah macrumors 6502

did they take it down again? Its not on my Premier store....

18. jprocha macrumors newbie

jprocha

gone again?

I checked the website when I got home from work and it said it was doing maintenance. It came up a couple hours ago with the iphone 3gs graphic on it but when you click, only the old phones come up.

??? This discount is awesome. They better fix this. :/

19. TheShocker macrumors member

I'm experiencing the same thing. Yesterday morning from work the 3G S was not on the Premier site. Then, a few hours later it showed up. When I got home I went to order and it was gone. I tried an hour later and the site was down for maintenance. Just checked this morning and it's gone still. The 3G S graphic was on the main page the entire time.
    :confused:

20. jpeg42 macrumors 6502a

jpeg42

What discount? My understanding is there is no hardware discount for the iPhone.

21. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

What's the price of the 32GB 3GS with no contract? Through Premier I am being quoted a $499 price on the 32GB model with 2 year contract renewal.

22. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

It worked for me last night around 11pm eastern. Maybe they are trying to limit the amount of people they get on the Premier plan? I assume eventually it will be fully opened up, but they might be trying to crank as much of these prerelease phones out on the full priced plans first.

23. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

24. jpeg42 macrumors 6502a

jpeg42

Interesting... so there is no discount on the equipment. Still the same upgrade fee the Apple Store charges ($18) and I am sure the activation fee will come when you actually plug into iTunes (another $18). Don't see a reason to cancel my Apple Store purchase.

25. CramSoup macrumors member

Mine too!
    How do you get the option to pick it up at the store on the 19th Vs. having it mailed to you???