Preorder Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ipadfreak, Sep 9, 2014.

1. ipadfreak macrumors regular

Hey everyone!

Who's preordering an iPhone 6/+?

I'm getting an iPhone 6 as I have a 5, and a 5.5 inch phone is too big for me.

Does anyone know what time preorders will happen? Do I have to wake up at 3AM?

2. sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

Most likely if you live on the east coast you will need to wake up 3:00am. If you wait till 7:00am you might not get the iPhone on launch day.

3. zhandri macrumors 6502

i'm gonna get a 6 in 64GB, not sure about the color yet! i was really thinking about getting the plus but after i built a dummy and saw how big it was in my hand and i didn't feel like i could comfortably reach the other side of the screen for one handed typing i settled on the 6

i think the last years it was always 12 o clock friday morning PST

4. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

I'm getting a space grey 64 GB, but not sure if it'll be the plus or not.

5. jabriiiz macrumors newbie

6. noobinator macrumors 601

Just to clarify this is early Friday AM meaning, when I go to bed Thursday it will be time to order iPhone?

7. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

How old are you? 12am could be 4 hours after you go to bed, depending on if you are 10 or 80 yrs old.

8. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

How fast do pre-orders go?

I hate that pre-order day is on a school day so I can't just wake up and get to it.

I'm hoping that I can pre-order, then go on that next Friday to the Apple Store and get it (I've always wanted to get an Apple product from the Apple store!), or if not I might try to pre-order from Verizon, or as a last-ditch effort, just beg and plead at the Verizon store or my local Apple Store to find me one. I know the 16GB ones always go first so I won't mind having to bump up to a larger size, and if they say they have only one color available I will just jump on it. I won't wait weeks just to get a different color (reason my retina mini is Gray instead of White).

----------

Friday, September 12th, 12:00am PST/3:00am EST

Gonna go to bed super early, set an alarm to get up at like, 2:40-2:50 (assuming I have my money by then), gonna buy it, then go right back to sleep.

Hate that it's on a school day, but what should I have expected? Launches are never saturday/sundays.

9. noobinator macrumors 601

I am 9. Seriously though. I'm just trying to ask if it's Thursday night or Friday night.

10. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Question

Can I pre-order at the Apple store and then pick it up there on the 19th? I use AT&T and have full upgrade available.

11. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

You'll need to wake up before 3:00 am on the east coast.

12. nopassn macrumors regular

If it's like years past, it'll be 12:0:01 am on Friday morning (Pacific time)

So, 1 am mountain, 2 am central, 3am east coast, on Friday morning.

Again - assuming it's like previous years.

----------

I haven't seen any info on that - but I would guess not. I don't think they've offered that as an option since the iPhone 4 (or maybe it was the 4S)

13. stretch80 macrumors regular

stretch80

I'm super happy Apple is doing pre-order this time! I'm gonna get the 16GB space gray iPhone 6+. Can't wait til Friday!

14. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Anyone have the feeling that

a)5.5" iPhone 6 Plus will sell much more than first thought
    b)The scalper folks are going to be there queueing extra early? Even more so if the mix is much more iPhone 6, than iPhone 6 Plus.

15. turbo350z macrumors newbie

12 am Friday. Is it that hard to understand? Maybe a little easier to understand. It will be open for pre order the minute the date changes from 11th to 12th. PST

16. jkel777 macrumors 6502a

64 GB Space Gray 6+ for me.

But just to be clear, pre-orders are open for BOTH the 6 AND 6+ on Sept. 12th?

17. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

PDT - unless you want to be an hour early, or late??? Daylight savings sucks.

18. ipadfreak thread starter macrumors regular

I agree, people seem to be wanting the 6+ because it's more different than the 5S

19. ariadnerentz macrumors regular

ariadnerentz

iPhone 6+ 64GB Sprint

Paying full price for it as well

20. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

Verizon's website: Pre-order begins September 12. Online at 12:01 AM PST.

Looks like I'll be asking to go into work later on Friday.

21. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

22. edfinkel macrumors newbie

sim-free phone

I avoid contracts with AT&T and just buy phones at the full price. This option does not yet appear on this list of available phones. Anyone have any idea when they will release unlocked models? Is there a previous thread about this issue?

23. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

I am not so sure. They are doing pre-orders, that tells me they have a decent supply. They didn't do that last year because of rumored "supply constraints"

Wake up early Friday, hope the website isn't too much BS and you won't have to worry.

24. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

I was wondering the same thing. The only option I see right now is the T-Mobile contract free iPhone.... Can I order that one as an AT&T customer and just pop my AT&T sim card in? Or is there a difference in the antenna?

25. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Or queue up Thursday night, see how the stock is and then order then? We'll see - haven't seen many iPhone launches that had smooth ordering online. And as Tim Cook said - they're expecting mother of all upgrades this year. We wait and see. Hope they've got the stock mix with enough iPhone 6 Plus