Preordered on 15th, ATT Status says 16th - Official Thread -

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vkramer, Jun 17, 2010.

1. vkramer macrumors regular

Ive been noticing alot of these stories, including myself where we preordered early on 15th, ATT premiere says 15th, but regular ATT Order Status says 16th.

Has anyone been able to get through to ATT and see if we will get our phones on 24th?

2. apple3g040193 macrumors 6502

apple3g040193

Ive contacted them many times they are unsure they said since youre order is NOT backordered you may get it on the 24th.

3. tjmrpm04 macrumors member

Interesting. I read this and went back and looked and indeed my order status says the 16th as well. I hope this is just due to their crazy server issues and they will be basing it on the actual order date not what they put on their page.

4. TeamDNA macrumors 6502

ok little confused here. whats Premiere site ?

I use att.com >check order status ..

5. vkramer thread starter macrumors regular

Yea I ordered 2 phones 15 minutes apart on 6.15 at about 7:30am EST. The first one went through that day showing up on both order status sites. The second one was only showing up on Premiere with a 6.15 order date, and this morning finally showed up on regular ATT order site as 6.16 date

6. vkramer thread starter macrumors regular

7. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

This isn't solely a Premeir issue - I've got the same one going through the regular order channel.

8. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I ordered through the Premier site. It took about 48 hours for the order to appear on the regular order status website. On the Premier order status website, it says I ordered on 6/15. On the regular site, it says I ordered on 6/16.

Funny thing is, it was impossible to order an iPhone on 6/16 as AT&T had already suspended preorders by then.

9. selianth macrumors newbie

I'm one who ordered the 15th (11:30ish am, but never knew the order went through, I just got a gateway timeout) and the order status now shows an order date of the 16th. The nice Customer Service lady looked up the time my order actually went through - 4:20am June 16th. So she said I wouldn't be getting that order on the 24th; the info she had said it the delivery estimate was the 25th-29th. Any order after 4:30pm on June 15th will be delivered after the 24th.

10. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

The same thing happened to me, and my order was placed well before the cutoff time for pre-orders on the 15th. I canceled my order with them because I didn't have the luxury of waiting around for a few days for AT&T to get their act together, only to possibly find out that the phone wouldn't be delivered on the 24th. If it wasn't going to come on the 24th, no one would have been available to accept the delivery for quite a few days after that date.

11. robotkiller macrumors 6502

robotkiller

I ordered on the 15th at 645EST. Order status says 6/16 not on backorder. Just got off the phone with ATT and they said my order shows receipt in their system on 5/15 at 9:30AM.

Not sure why there is a lag, but I'll take it. The operators have no idea about shipping time - the only info they have is that the earliest you can see the phones will be the 24th.

So I'll be expecting it on the 24th, 25th at the latest.

12. apple3g040193 macrumors 6502

apple3g040193

This is my feeling on the whole situation We preorderes have ALREADY PAID 200-700$ Everyone who preorderd should get the phones on the 24th as long as there is enough stock to go around even if this means dipping in to the walk in supply. my 2 cents.

13. Starrbuck macrumors regular

The 6/16 date is just the date it was loaded to the order status system and does not indicate the actual order date.

We have to hope they do not go by this date/time to determine who came first!!! (assuming they run out of stock at some point for our preorders)

14. MVPinFLA macrumors 6502

My order date shows the 15th with the 16th being shown as the status being updated. It probably moved from one system to the other on the 16th when AT&T was catching up. I am expecting a package on the 24th.

15. PLin macrumors 6502

I ordered two iPhone 4's on 6/15... one at 9:15AM EST and another about 15 minutes later. The AT&T Premier order status shows 6/15 order date with a last update of 6/16 in the processing stage for both phones. The regular AT&T order status shows an order date of 6/15 for both of them with backordered status.

16. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I can't front AT&T definitely has most everyone on the edge with the way they're handling this as oppose to Apple.

17. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

6/15 8AM EST order time
    Order Status shows 6/16. I HAD a backorder flag at 6AM on 6/16, than on 8AM 6/16 it went to all 0s

18. themadrussian macrumors regular

Yep. Ordered at 2:30 PM eastern time on the 15th. Got a Premier confirmation e-mail immediately. Order status on the regular AT&T site didn't show up until yesterday afternoon. Date ordered listed as 6/16 (incorrect), everything is listed as Backordered. Credit card was authorized yesterday as well.

Oh well. I read earlier that someone's confirmation e-mail stated that they are trying to get all the pre-ordered phones shipped for 24th arrival but some may arrive as late as the 28th. Not a tragedy but still annoying.

19. nickarate macrumors regular

I was one of the people that couldn't check my order status for the longest time. I finally can this morning, and mine says the 16th now as my order time despite the face that I ordered at 7 am PST... this has me really worried I have to admit.

20. fuzion macrumors 6502

All orders end up getting fulfilled through AT&T's compass ordering system.

When a consumer places an order through the normal AT&T site it's already in compass.

When an enterprise customer / premier customer places an order it goes through premier. As you know premier is the discounted / volume ordering system for AT&T. It makes sense that they have two different systems because of the pricing differences on plans and devices. So you order through premier, then your order is passed to compass for shipping/fulfillment.

The reason we're seeing delays is because there as a ******** of premier orders, each one has to be placed into the compass system. I assume AT&T knows how many devices they had available, and was able to get a count as both compass and premier orders were placed.. If they sold all of their units via the consumer ordering system and all of the premier orders are delayed....... well I dunno what will happen but nothing good!

21. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I will pay my ETF and switch to Sprint and get an EVO. That would really push me over the edge with AT&T.

22. kirchnrd macrumors 6502

kirchnrd

I just want my backorder quantity to change to zero, then I will chillax :cool:

23. Juan007 macrumors 6502a

Juan007

The pre-order text indicated the phone would ARRIVE on the 24th. My email confirmations says the phones will SHIP on the 24th.

I don't know what the actual deal is but if my phone doesn't ship by the 25th then my order is getting CANCELED.

24. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

Wow, if that's the case than for once its good to be the average Joe.

Especially since THIS average Joe gets a business discount, but I ordered mainstream figuring I'd avoid potential snafu. I plan on adding my discount post-activation.

25. LadyC macrumors newbie

I have had the same experience as others described on this thread. Ordered around 1:30pm on the 15th, with a FAN account, got my email confirmation from Premier immediately. Card was charged yesterday, and I can finally see my order on the regular AT&T website as being backordered and placed on the 16th. I honestly am fine if it ships a few days later than the 24th, as long as we're not talking mid-July. Although if it is mid-July, there's not much I can do about it, and I'm sure I'll be thrilled when it does arrive.

But the geek in me would love to see the backordered bit go to 0 as soon as may be. :eek: