Preordering on the VZW website

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CMan0928, Sep 10, 2014.

1. CMan0928 macrumors member

What info do they ask you when preordering an iPhone, or any other device, on the VZW site? I just tried to log in and was able to do so, and it says I'm eligible for my upgrade. I'm paying by credit card obviously. The problem is I'm on an account with another person but we're both listed as "account managers" on the account. So I was told the other day by customer service when I called in to change my plan that I was able to make decisions on the account as well. So I've done my homework and planned ahead for a smooth transaction. Does the transaction have to be done online or can I just call VZW's customer service line and tower that way at midnight Friday?

2. wxman2003 Suspended

Usually VZW customer service operates from 7 am to 11 pm. Unless you have technical issues or a stolen phone. Your best bet is to use the web site.

3. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

I'm also is the same boat. I was added as a account manager. The account is in my dad's name. Will I be able to use my credit/debit card even tho the account is in my dad's name?

4. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

Why not call VZW and get a reliable answer instead of relying on secondhand information here?

5. CMan0928 thread starter macrumors member

6. IlliniGuy76 macrumors regular

Going to go out on a wild limb here and simply say: The question has been answered. Call Verizon directly and ask a question they can probably provide an answer to you in a matter of seconds. Just a suggestion.

7. CMan0928 thread starter macrumors member

This question was asked to those that have been through the process with VZW before. If you haven't, your input isn't necessary. It's very simple. I'm just asking what info they require on the website when preordering. That's it.

8. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

And others are saying that the best and quickest way to get a reliable answer is to simply call VZW and ask. What, are you afraid to talk to a live person or something?

9. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

Actually I called Verizon and they said for that day their phone lines will be open at midnight pacific time for orders on the iPhone 6.

I'm the account manager on my plan and I can add someone else as the account manager also. I don't see why you couldn't use another credit card on that plan.

10. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

The account holder must make the order. You will have to verify your identity, either with the PIN for the account of with the holder's last 4 ssn digits. Method of payment (which credit card) is flexible.

11. Court tonic macrumors member

Court tonic

If you have the ability to log in to the account and know you designated "account pass code" which is usually a 4 digit number you don't need to take any other necessary actions. The website is the easiest way to order, they don't ask much because you have already proved you know enough about your account to log in. As far as paying it will ask you for a credit card, it won't use the designated account card.

12. wxman2003 Suspended

Call verizon. It will start with the automated voice. When your press 0 to talk to a rep, it will ask for the last 4 digits of the account holders SSN. Enter your last 4 digits, if it accepts it, you can make changes.

13. CMan0928 thread starter macrumors member

Preordering on the VZW website

Thanks to those who provided answers without the sarcasm or smart remarks. I'm at work and can't call VZW right now. Hence my question here. Just wanted to hear about others experiences.

14. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

LOL, too bad your workplace allows you to post profanity and insults but doesn't allow you to call VZW.

15. CMan0928 thread starter macrumors member

Do you have nothing better to do? Are you even employed? I own you.

16. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

Uh, yeah, OK, whatever...

Does your employer know you're wasting company time posting on forums that probably have nothing to do with your job? :)

17. CMan0928 thread starter macrumors member

Are you employed? How's Medicaid treating you these days? LOL

18. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

I'm self-employed, thanks. If you want to compare jobs and salaries I'd be happy to take you on. Just send me a PM. :)

And since you didn't answer my question, I'll assume the answer is no. Man up and tell us where you work, and I'm sure someone will be happy to check your employer's policies about wasting paid company time...

19. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

That comment is actually despicable. You deserve to get into an accident on the way home from your garbage job.

20. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

Bah, let it go. People who rub the fact they have a job in others' faces are usually the ones making minimum wage. Anyone can talk like a tough guy on the Internet.

21. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

This thread is really sad. And they often get hijacked with people who aren't really trying to answer the op's questions, but are ready to add criticism

22. DVNIEL macrumors 6502a

DVNIEL

As long as you know (or are) the primary's social, you'll be fine. Just call later tonight when you get home to make sure you are a decision maker and have the necessary info they need.

23. CMan0928 thread starter macrumors member

Are you threatening me? You wanna dance, bro?

24. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

Like they will know? You are just as likely to get second hand information based on who talk to at Verizon.