Prepared for shipping?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by e.magnusson, Oct 20, 2007.

1. e.magnusson macrumors member

Does anyone else's order status say Leopard has been prepared for shipment?

Prepared for Shipment
    Product Qty.
    MAC OS X 10.5 RETAIL-INT
    Ships by: DELIVERS ON OCTOBER 26TH

Hmm, I guess I'll be getting it pretty early since I expedited. Hurray. Too bad my iPod Touch still hasn't shipped out, ugh.

2. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

You're better of than me. Mine says "ships by: October 26".
    I'm not in any rush to install it though, need my computer too much to fiddle with fixes right now.

3. svalentine macrumors regular

I also selected the fastest shipping method

Prepared for Shipment
    Product Qty.
    MAC OS X 10.5 RETAIL-INT
    Ships by: DELIVERS ON OCTOBER 26TH

4. e.magnusson thread starter macrumors member

So I guess it has something to do with the expedited shipment thing. Hmm, glad I expedited (I'm in Canada)

5. antibact1 macrumors 6502

You paid extra for that? I didn't pay extra, and mine says priority overnight and is prepared for shipping. If you paid, call them back for a refund.

6. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

I certainly hope you didn't pay extra for expedited. The FREE shipping is priority overnight already. I took free, and I'm "Prepared for Shipment" as well, with delivery on (or before, cross fingers) the 26th.

7. Trepex macrumors 6502a

Trepex

Ummm... everyone gets Priority Overnight. Mine is in the 'prepared for shipping' status and it shows that it's going by Overnight. Did you actually pay extra for shipping? I don't think that 'expedited shipping' is even 'Overnight'.

8. LMO macrumors member

With overnight shipping there is no chance of it showing up a day early. Sorry.

9. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Actually, it can (and has before--many Tiger pre-orders were delivered up to two days early). It all depends on when it is in any given regional distro center, and how tightly FedEx manages it. There's typically some pre-staging going on to prevent overloading the distro chain and late deliveries, and sometimes the "Do Not Deliver Before" instructions are overlooked.

Since I'm in the immediate service area of a major metro center, it could conceivably arrive early (though I seriously doubt it).

10. antibact1 macrumors 6502

Of course it can arrive early. How many priority overnight deliveries to a particular location can FedEx accommodate? In a major urban center where they will not get them out in time as a result of too many orders, they will start early. This is what happened with Tiger, and it is what will happen with Leopard.

11. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Mine shows this too, but don't count on it shipping before next Wed/Thurs. Given the probable huge # of orders Apple has to fill + the promise to deliver by Friday Apple is probably pre-labeling all the shipping boxes. Once this happens the order has to report it's prepared for shipping. All Apple has to to is drop the cat in the box and give it to FedEx.

And hey "svalentine" call Apple ASAP and get a refund on your shipping. You hosed yourself when you selected "fastest," because Apple is already footing the bill for next day air, even if you select the free ground shipping.

12. kolax macrumors G3

Not yet shipped
    Estimated Shipping: OCTOBER 26TH

13. djnardu macrumors regular

djnardu

Mine still hasn't changed from Standard Shipping "which now says" Standard-Residential.

But at-least it still says delivers October 26th

I hope =(

14. onebloodonelife macrumors regular

Mine's prepared for shipment too. I'm hoping I'll get lucky and get it on Thursday, but as long as it arrives on Friday, I'll be happy.

15. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Woohoo! I Just got prepared for shipment too. Ah, the excitement...I love it!

16. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Yes, same for me - I didn't pay a penny for shipping and it says priority overnight.

*oops sorry for the double post!

17. rmh macrumors regular

Also prepared for shipment. Can't wait for Friday!

Attached Files:

18. kolax macrumors G3

We should get this before the Apple Stores open for it at 6pm right?

19. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

WE BETTER!!! lol

I can't believe how loyal some of us are to apple...they have us hook-line-and sinker. I ordered leopard the first possible instant that apple gave me, without ever trying it! Yes, Apple, you win!

20. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

Delivers on 10/26/07

My status says delivers on Oct 26 but my FedEx delivery man tends to bring Mac items by a day early if he has it on hand. UPS is another story, likely a day or two late. I have no idea who is delivering it.

21. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

I guess "prepared for shipment" means it's ready, packaged, boxed, burned, coated with delicious apple musk, etc, and just getting ready to be picked up by shippers?

22. billabong macrumors 6502

23. e.magnusson thread starter macrumors member

So if its already prepared for shipment and getting 2-day shipment, does that mean I'll get it on the 23rd or 24th? And does the fast shipping ship on weekends? I know regular shipping doesn't. Either way, I'm really excited, if I get it before Friday I'm going to install it and show it off to my school when I do a presentation of rehearsals for my school play. (I could easily burn it to a disc but if Leopard is out I can show off how fancy Macs are compared to PCs.) Haha

24. FDX macrumors regular

If you are not home on Friday

If you don't think you will be home to recieve your shipment print out the form from Apple so fedex will leave the package. Apple requires fedex to have someone sign for it or a signed door tag or the form from the website. Just think how you would feel if you missed the driver a could not get it on Friday.

25. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Prepared for shipment here too!!!! Its not getting here before the 26 (although that would be SICK if it did, like the opposite of the iPod Touch epidemic) but hey, its exciting!!!