pretty certain returning for a 32-gig, any downside in opening 16-gig?

btownguy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
My 16-gig will be delivered tomorrow. I'm fairly certain I'm going to return it for a 32-gig.

What are the pros/cons of going ahead and opening my 16-gig when I receive it? I think I have 2 weeks to return it, so are there any downsides?

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
My 16-gig will be delivered tomorrow. I'm fairly certain I'm going to return it for a 32-gig.

What are the pros/cons of going ahead and opening my 16-gig when I receive it? I think I have 2 weeks to return it, so are there any downsides?
Nope. Apple will take it back either way.

Towelie1288

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2012
Texas
me too

i am thinking about returning my 16GB ipad for a 32 and i want to exchange at my local apple store and i know i have 2 weeks to do this but
if ipads are gonna be sellin out everywhere i may never get a chance to exhange mine at all
i dont know what to do??

any suggestions would be helpful

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
i am thinking about returning my 16GB ipad for a 32 and i want to exchange at my local apple store and i know i have 2 weeks to do this but
if ipads are gonna be sellin out everywhere i may never get a chance to exhange mine at all
i dont know what to do??

I think you'll be able to exchange within the two weeks - I think Apple has a lot of stock out there, more than they've ever had before.

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
i dont know what to do??

Return for a refund if time is ticking down to the last day. Just a thought, than purchase the one you want.

deaglecat

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2012
No downside to you perhaps... but it removes an ipad from the system which deprives another apple fan of their fix of happiness :D

paulbee

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2011
No downside to you perhaps... but it removes an ipad from the system which deprives another apple fan of their fix of happiness :D
There's this. From a more mercenary perspective, make sure you're extra-careful with it, because if you accidentally break it, you're stuck.

May 8, 2008
Personally, I'd use it then sell it on CL for a small profit.

Or just go to your nearest Apple Store and sell it to someone in line tomorrow or over the weekend.