Pretty disappointed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cowsrus, Jul 16, 2010.

1. cowsrus macrumors 6502

Basically from the press conference we get this

iPhones that have working antenas wont be out until October
    we are 'working' on proximity sensor issues
    white iPhone isnt out for another 2 weeks

...oh yea, and a free, non-bumper case

i'm not too sure what i wanted to hear short of, we've fixed everything now go update your phones, but i dont know, sort of a disappointment to me

Your guy's thoughts?

2. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I think it's a non issue. I have a bumper. My Phone works. End of story.

3. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Couldn't state it better myself.

4. guitargoddsjm macrumors 6502

What'd you expect? Free iPhone?

Think of when Toyota announced the accelerator issues. They didn't recall the whole car; that would be ridiculous. One fix they came up with was a modified floor mat. Doesn't seem much different than this.

5. quotison macrumors member

A press conference can't fix something that's obviously a physical issue. Free cases are the closest thing to a recall that can. And since a case, especially if it's free, will be an acceptable solution to most for the reception problem, this seems sensible enough to me.

6. falconeight Guest

falconeight

7. Kblakeshot macrumors member

That was a joke. This is apple being apple. This is for more publicity... period. Why have a press conference to say we are giving out free bumpers, that you cant even get yet and will have to wait for a month I bet! Lol.. wow. The true reason of this press conference was to say hey look at these phones that drop bars too!

This is such a joke. I hope the model that comes out in January (*wink) doesnt have these unacceptable problems that get patched with band aids.

8. cowsrus thread starter macrumors 6502

I know I know and i agree with you on this point

I just feel like that was the "closing up your leaky pipe with a piece of duct tape" fix opposed to Apple really addressing the issue and owning up to the fault.

It just makes me sad that all the hope i had for new hardware or anything is gone, and all the help we will get is a case, i thought that was going to be more of a 'in limbo' fix waiting for the real one

the real fix seems like itll be the iPhone 5 hopefully

9. Peanut207 macrumors 6502

Peanut207

+1! People need to move on or just return it if you're not satisfied.

10. doctorxring macrumors member

I love it. Steve Jobs calls BS on all the iPhone 4 hacks and
    arm chair cell phone engineers.

Final Touche - Get a (free) bumper or get a life...

My iP4 works fine. Better than my 3GS.

11. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Even if he said full refunds for everyone and you get to keep the phone, someone somewhere would have to post "Pretty disappointed".

12. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

+1

13. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PHONE, STOP WHINING AND RETURN IT.

14. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

People on this forum are so frackin jaded and out of touch. 22 days. Seriously. A minor nit, that's being addressed, and people act like the world is ending.

Take a look at how someone like BMW responds to a problem that actually matters: http://noreverse.org or google 'final drive' and 'bmw' and see how many hits you get. Apple and Jobs are a godsend compared to most companies when it comes to responding to issues.

15. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

Then just leave.

I have a SwitchEasy Nude and I don't have any signal issues. Apple is being very generous and Steve was very sincere with what he said about us users.

If you don't like it, just leave.

16. Domino8282 macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

+1

17. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

18. foot56 macrumors regular

I will be happy to post a video of my iphone 4 32 gig with a black bumber drops all five bars by touching the left side (not the death grip) but touching.

and for those saying return it. I love my iphone its my first phone I just want a fix or working one.

19. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

20. guitargoddsjm macrumors 6502

Then return it for a 3GS.

Seriously, if you love the iPhone but the antenna issue really affects you that much, get an iPhone that doesn't have the issue. If you want to keep the iP4, quit whining and get some sunlight.

21. cowsrus thread starter macrumors 6502

hey guys, calm down i'm just stating an opinion

I'm not whining about being issued a free case, I'm merely disappointed that that is the only work they are going to be doing on the antenna, no extra coating or any of the other ideas that you probably had in your head before the press conference too

Are you telling me you aren't a tad bit dissatisfied with Jobs saying "here's a case and now never mention the antenna again"?

I'm happy I am getting a case, I would be getting one anyway and it most likely will solve my reception issue, and for that I am grateful, but like I said before, i'm a little disappointed their "surprising customers because they love them" is giving a case and not changing the production at all

But seriously, you guys need to calm down, you aren't Apple, you don't have to get so worked up over one person's views

22. foot56 macrumors regular

Apple said the 3gs has this problem also. Steve Jobs just said it again in the keynote. lol

23. Zephyr240 macrumors newbie

WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Just return it then. Who cares seriously. "OMG they were condescending" seriously, really? At least they flat out came and told us what's going on. They can flat out just ignore everyone if they wanted to, yea that would hurt them in the long term, but at least they took action about this. They didn't have to give cases out for free, they could of just said "we're on it, kthxbye."

So sick of all these whiners and cry babies, tarnishing this forums. Get a case, if you want it naked, then suck up to the dropped calls. Still angry? Then return it and get a Droid, Blackberry, or stay with a 3GS. You have options, you're not chained to the wall. Missed the return period? That's your fault for lagging.

</end rant>

24. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

Keeping my phone, but BUMMED that my car charger doesn't fit, and my work stereo's plug won't fit with the bumper on.

Seems like I'm back on a 1st gen....

25. quotison macrumors member

If there's a production fix, I don't know why they wouldn't put it in to effect. The fact that there's only free bumpers for phones bought by September suggests that there may be such a production fix for future iPhones.