Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cowsrus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2008
If there's a production fix, I don't know why they wouldn't put it in to effect. The fact that there's only free bumpers for phones bought by September suggests that there may be such a production fix for future iPhones.

"The bumper solves the signal strength problem"
"Why don't you just give everyone a case?"
"Okay, great. Every iPhone 4 owners gets a free case"

they say a case SOLVES the issue, i dont see much more going on for the iPhone 4 because then people would get to swap their phones out and also receive a case of around $30, which is basically a waste of $30 x 3,000,000

charliehustle

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2009
hey guys, calm down i'm just stating an opinion

I'm not whining about being issued a free case, I'm merely disappointed that that is the only work they are going to be doing on the antenna, no extra coating or any of the other ideas that you probably had in your head before the press conference too

Are you telling me you aren't a tad bit dissatisfied with Jobs saying "here's a case and now never mention the antenna again"?

I'm happy I am getting a case, I would be getting one anyway and it most likely will solve my reception issue, and for that I am grateful, but like I said before, i'm a little disappointed their "surprising customers because they love them" is giving a case and not changing the production at all

But seriously, you guys need to calm down, you aren't Apple, you don't have to get so worked up over one person's views

You have to realize that most people here are apple fanatics... they can't see things clearly.

I understand where you're coming from, you bought a product and you expect it to work as advertised. Not with extra plastic add ons that will take away from the looks of your product.

Now if Apple stated that you must have a plastic bumper or case prior to launch, people wouldn't have anything to complain about.

Another reason to stay away from apple products at first launch.

Despacio

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Just return it then. Who cares seriously. "OMG they were condescending" seriously, really? At least they flat out came and told us what's going on. They can flat out just ignore everyone if they wanted to, yea that would hurt them in the long term, but at least they took action about this. They didn't have to give cases out for free, they could of just said "we're on it, kthxbye."

So sick of all these whiners and cry babies, tarnishing this forums. Get a case, if you want it naked, then suck up to the dropped calls. Still angry? Then return it and get a Droid, Blackberry, or stay with a 3GS. You have options, you're not chained to the wall. Missed the return period? That's your fault for lagging.

</end rant>

When you have hundreds of dollars invested in apps, yeah, you kind of are chained to a wall.

cowsrus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2008
You have to realize that most people here are apple fanatics... they can't see things clearly.

I understand where you're coming from, you bought a product and you expect it to work as advertised. Not with extra plastic add ons that will take away from the looks of your product.

Now if Apple stated that you must have a plastic bumper or case prior to launch, people wouldn't have anything to complain about.

Another reason to stay away from apple products at first launch.

Exactly, thank you for the first level headed response!

In all honesty though im still waiting for the white iPhone, the thing justifying waiting was I had hoped that by the time white comes out, these problems are resolved.

At least in a way they are, I know this is the fix we get so theres no point in waiting any longer, but yea, i'm not frustrated that i have to put a case on because i would do that anyways, im frustrated that apple's 'fix' is something i was already planning on doing on my own

brandon.8602

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2010
Basically from the press conference we get this

iPhones that have working antenas wont be out until October
we are 'working' on proximity sensor issues
white iPhone isnt out for another 2 weeks

...oh yea, and a free, non-bumper case

i'm not too sure what i wanted to hear short of, we've fixed everything now go update your phones, but i dont know, sort of a disappointment to me

Your guy's thoughts?

what were you hoping for?

or should i say...
what more could you ask of apple?
if you don't like your iPhone, take it back and buy an old 3GS.

cowsrus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2008
what were you hoping for?

or should i say...
what more could you ask of apple?
if you don't like your iPhone, take it back and buy an old 3GS.

I was hoping for at least a hint at they are now adding a coating to the antenna of iPhones being made now to make it less sensitive or something

like I said before, i'm disappointed in all the months to come, Apple has basically said that they are done trying to fix this issue, wait until the iPhone 5 now

I'm nowhere near dissatisfied with the iPhone 4, just dissatisfied with what Apple considers their 'long-term fix'

i really have no hate towards the phone nor apple, i am grateful for the case and have no intentions of returning my phone, but i still had hopes for future work that wont be seen until the next generation iPhone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.