Preview - Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ppnkg, Jan 24, 2008.

1. ppnkg macrumors 6502a

ppnkg

I've posted this on another thread, but it occurred to me I may be doing something wrong, so here it is

what happened to the dragable icon on the the preview top bar? When you opened pdfs from the internet with preview, there used to be a little icon on the left of the filename on the top bar of preview. You could drag this to your desktop or anywhere. Now it's nowhere to be found, and the only way to put this file on you computer is from the file menu>save as etc

:(?

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

I think you mean the favicon. I haven't noticed it missing.

Anyway, if you move the pointer to the bottom of the PDF page, you will see several icons - one of which will allow you to save the file.

3. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

You are right, click on the "open in preview" button in the HUD in Safari and you won't get an icon.

I think one of the reasons for this is that the file is stored in a temporary location.

In addition to moving the file, the draggable icon also allows you to make make a copy or an alias of the file.

It's with this final option where the problem lies. As the file is in a temporary location (which will eventually be overwritten) an alias is of little use.

So I think it was removed to help users save properly.

4. ppnkg thread starter macrumors 6502a

ppnkg

but not if you command-drag the icon! This saves the file itself.

5. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

Hence

And

It helps to read it. :eek: