All iPads Printing from ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kalex, Oct 24, 2016.

1. kalex macrumors 65816

My wife uses ipad air 2 as her only device and I use ipad mini on occasion. I have canon imageclass mf4890dw printer/copier/scanner which is missing Airprint.
    Using Canon's application is annoying and cumbersome as I have to first get whatever i want to print into the app and then print it.
    Is there a working airprint solution for IOS10 devices?
    I found few posts about using airprint on windows and mac but they are all dating back to IOS5/6/7

Thank you
    --- Post Merged, Oct 24, 2016 ---
    Got it working by using Airprint service 1.4 from the forums. works great

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

If the printer doesn't have Airprint enabled, then no method I know off. There are other methods, but they are as you said, cumbersome.

3. kalex thread starter macrumors 65816

actually airprint i mentioned above works great. Very easy and works great so far

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Glad you fixed it.

5. jaybar macrumors 6502a

jaybar

Hi

If you have a Mac, I would recommend Printopia. My new printer is AirPrint compatible, but prior to that, we had a non AirPrint laser and we were able to use our iPhones and iPads and print effortlessly from them to our printer.

Jay

6. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

7. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

I use HandyPrint on my Mac for this. I have a Brother laser printer that is USB only plugged into the Mac and use handyprint as an AirPrint server. Plus it allows me to have a virtual printer that saves a PDF to my Mac, which is great for "printing" receipts of online transactions.

It works with all of my iOS devices from my iPad 3 on iOS 7 to my iPhone 6s on iOS 10.

8. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

If you have a pc using Linux there is a rather simple solution to make old printers work w/ Airprint.

9. kalex thread starter macrumors 65816

Thank you. I used airprint 1.4 and apple bonjour printing services running on a vm on my esxi host. Works great from both iphone and ipads

10. alecgold macrumors 65816

alecgold

We to use "printer pro" from readdle and that works oke. I can't work out how to stop printing in color, but other than that is an easy on-the-iPad solution.
    But I almost never print anymore.