Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
QFT

If everybody could use the private forums, then they wouldn't be private. Duh.

I like Lamborghini's. They should be free.

But unlike Lambos you can use the PFs whilst drunk. In fact it's positively encouraged!

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
I contributed for the first time last year, only because I thought it was a great place to look for mac help and the people were very knowledgeable and very helpful.

I have also renewed my subscription just last week for this coming year.

I don't really participate in the Private Forums much, but like everyone has said, it's just a bonus - a nice to have - a thank you for donating in the first place.

And indeed, the more time you spend here, the more you get to know people and the community.

It's quite a nice place to "hang out" ;)

Aug 6, 2007
It's already been said that the donation is not about the private forums, and I cannot even begin to stress how true this is.

With the donation you also get an ad-free experience on the site; which is a huge improvement as far as I'm concerned.

I'll also continue to contribute when my subscription runs out, because I appreciate the site so much.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
You want me to pay 25dollars to view some private forums...what a rip/....they should be free

If they were for everyones eyes they would not be private :rolleyes:

And no we don't want you to pay $25 dollars either if that's your attitude :rolleyes::rolleyes:

edit... oops! the rest of the you already beat me to it with the same sentiments. :p

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
The complain O meter is working good and it's only Monday, wait till the keynote.

does secret private forum handshake.

saltyzoo

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2007
OY! Ditto that!!

I've seen everything under the sun being introduced at MWSF here on the forums.
Actually I think the sun is a rumoured product also :p

Maybe it's just plain air that's the new product?

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
You have to drive, don't you have stuff in the house. And you call yourself a drunk.:p

Hey, don't mess about. I just sat down, downed half of the pint and my wife says: "Don't drink it too fast, that's the last beer until I go shopping on Friday".
:(

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Anyone who is interested in the software that's part of the latest MacHeist bundle can save themselves some money over the separate prices of those applications, and that's yet another way to help MacRumors too!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.