Problem, possibly keyboard.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by shouldberunning, Sep 21, 2009.

1. shouldberunning macrumors member

This one is going to sound a little weird.

While typing in anything i.e. this forum, text editor, word processors etc., my curser will suddenly jump back a paragraph or two.

I thought I was just hitting a wrong key or brushing the touchpad etc. so I wasn't very worried about it. But then today I had the strangest jump ever. I was editing the name of a folder and right in the middle of a word the curser jumped to another folder label and started overwriting it.

Now I don't even know how to do that intentionally so I have no idea how it could happen accidently.

I don't use an external keyboard much so I can't say as to wether or not it would happen with one.

MacBook White, OS X 10.5.8, 2.1 GHz

Thanks for any input.

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

It sounds like you're brushing the trackpad with your thumb. I have it happen quite often on my 17" ubMBP. I think they need to tweak the auto-ignore-while-typing algorithm - especially, since they've totally removed the control from the user (such as it was).

3. shouldberunning thread starter macrumors member

Hmm... interesting. Next time I have to write a letter or something lengthy I'll use my wireless Mighty Mouse and set my track pad to 'ignore while mouse present'.

Thanks for your input.