Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heaven

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
No.

I'm getting a box in the mail tomorrow....its going to the Apple repair shop.:mad: This really infuriates me. Hahaha, thats what I get for messing with "Windows" I guess! :rolleyes:

Damn, i'm sorry to hear that you will be without your mac for a couple of days. I had to send mine in recently, because of some overheating issues.

Anyways, wish you all the best ;)

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
Whatever happens the OP should download the Bootcamp instructions from Apple's website for installing Windows. If it's not done right your Mac OS install will be permanently deleted. What I've noticed is many people here try and install Windows on their own without reading the instructions.

belunos

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2008
Whatever happens the OP should download the Bootcamp instructions from Apple's website for installing Windows. If it's not done right your Mac OS install will be permanently deleted. What I've noticed is many people here try and install Windows on their own without reading the instructions.

Amen. Just because you're doing it on a Mac doesn't mean it's going to be as easy as snapping your fingers. If you've never installed an OS before, this shouldn't be you try without a backup.

wgr73

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
New Mexico
Amen. Just because you're doing it on a Mac doesn't mean it's going to be as easy as snapping your fingers. If you've never installed an OS before, this shouldn't be you try without a backup.
I followed the instructions as said by me previously...anyways

Back to my question: Do you guys know it they ship it back overnight?

rcallan9

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2008
Boot Camp Counter Strike Source Help!!!!

So i am running boot camp on my mac pro, with 2 2.8ghz quadcore processors, 10gb ram, 1.3 Terabytes space (32gb XP partition), and when i downloaded and purchased Counter-strike source it says "Preparing to launch CounterStike Source" and then it just closes with no error message or anything. Please help

superknoppix

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2008
Reinstall windows or your source is corrupted...
Counter-strike not running isn't really a boot camp problem.
I can't believe there are people out there that can mess-up installing XP.
When you set up a bootcamp partition on your machine using the bootcaamp utility, and when you start to install windows, when windows asks what partition you want to install to, PICK THE ONE THAT SAYS BOOTCAMP!!!!!.
Then you have to let windows reformat the partition otherwise it won't boot once installed.
Installing XP will never mess-up any of your other partitions on your machine, windows cant even see macs partition.
Also, if you do somehow screwup your mac os install, there are these things called disks... and all macs come with them and guess what, they have mac os x on them. Put the disk in the drive and boot up your machine. Follow the steps, easy.
The MacBook Air came with install disks and it doesn't even have a disk drive....
stop wasting apple's time by sending in your machine to get the os reinstalled...

Plusbits

macrumors member
May 4, 2008
Birmingham, UK
I've just had a bit of a fiasco with Bootcamp myself. Basically, Windows installed just fine, no problems whatsoever, but when it came to using it it was refusing to connect my keyboard and mouse. It said 'New Bluetooth device found, click this message' however the mouse wasn't working at all so I couldn't click or do anything. It was just refusing to pair my mouse with the system. I'm very well versed in all things Windows, so tried absolutely everything, but to no avail. Anyway, I decided to give up for a while so reverted to OS X. Disaster struck; my mouse and keyboard weren't working here either, and I had no way of navigating to System Preferences to pair them. I left it overnight and when I turned it on this morning, it found the mouse and after two pair attempts and a restart, it's working fine in OS X, but still not in Windows. Any ideas why?

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
I can't believe there are people out there that can mess-up installing XP.

You, my friend, need to have a chat to my father. He was too lazy to wait half an hour for me to come help him install XP, and long story short the iMac refused to boot anything and on holding down the option key only the Windows partition could be seen, which wouldn't allow you to select it. I have my theories to what he did wrong, but I wasn't there to tell.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.