Problem with iPhone 3GS on 4.3. Please help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by apatel87, Jun 30, 2011.

1. apatel87 macrumors regular

Hi, I recently jailbroke an Iphone 3GS that was working fine before jailbroken on 4.0 and now it seems that the battery starts draining immediately even when the phone is not in use. When I look at my usage my Usage time and standby time is the same and it starts counting from when I unplug the phone. I have deleted all apps in the multiasking bar and used SBS settings to kill all processes. Any idea why the battery starts draining right away without it actually being used?

It worked fine for 2 days and all of a sudden started acting like this. I have shut the phone off and restarted it to no avail.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

3. apatel87 thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/9A5248d Safari/6533.18.5)

I have all data off and wifi off. Do you have to jailbreak to use an AT&T sim that is not an iPhone sim?

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

You have to jailbreak the phone to use a non-AT&T SIM. My suggestion is that you restore your phone in iTunes if you aren't using this on T-Mobile or something. If you restore and you have T-Mobile, you won't be able to use it on T-Mobile anymore.

5. apatel87 thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/9A5248d Safari/6533.18.5)

I am using it on AT&T. Would I still be able to jailbreak if I restore it in iTunes. Can I activate using an AT&T iPhone sim then switch to regular AT&T sim without jailbreakint

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

There's no difference between an "AT&T SIM" and "AT&T iPhone SIM"; they are the same thing. The latest firmware is 4.3.3, which is apparently Jailbreakable, though you don't need to Jailbreak to use an AT&T SIM.

7. apatel87 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, I am going to try to just restore through iTunes and then put in the ATT sim. Hopefully that works without a problem. Thanks!