Problem with Portal 2 w/ Steam on Mac

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by vastoholic, Aug 10, 2012.

1. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

So Portal 2 is shutting down every time I'm about to play a game. I get into the loading screen before it's about to start the actual game and then it shuts down and gives me this error code below. I've only tried going into single player mode and it doesn't matter if I'm "continuing game" or starting a new one. I've already tried restarting steam and then restarting my entire computer. I apologize, I have not reinstalled steam yet or Portal 2. Hoping to avoid that. I'm not familiar with out to read error logs.

Ok well never mind, I can't put the error log in here. How do you post one of those scrollable text boxes?

2. nicks macrumors newbie

Not that it helps you, but I get it too. (started experiencing it a few days ago)

It does occasionally start, but mostly crashes.

3. iMacFarlane macrumors 65816

iMacFarlane

Did you try deleting local content, then re-downloading it?

Hopefully, it isn't related to the new Mac Steam client that rolled out this week . . . :eek:

4. vastoholic thread starter macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I haven't tried that but I'll give it a go. I'm away for the weekend now. I'll try it on Sunday. I didn't know about the new client.

5. Dirtyharry50 macrumors 68000

Dirtyharry50

There is nothing you can do about this. The problem lies with Valve breaking it with a recent Steam update. They know about this issue and have said they are working to fix it.

So expect another patch coming up and that should fix the problem. As for when, sorry but they didn't say.

6. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

7. MacbookAlum1536 macrumors regular

MacbookAlum1536

I am having the same issue hopefully they resolve it soon.

8. vastoholic thread starter macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Thanks for the info. Thankfully I'm
    Not not an avid gamer who needs to play every day. I can wait until they patch it.