Problems connecting my Ibook G3 800 to wireless after WPA is applied.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MacMan33, Mar 1, 2008.

1. MacMan33 macrumors regular

MacMan33

I have been having an issue since i set up my Router with a WPA personal password. My macbook is running Leopard and my ibook is running OSX. Both had no issues connecting via wireless before putting the password on it. Has anyone expierenced this before? Any recommendation for this. SHould i try and change the password again. Do you think it has something to do with the WPA? SHould i use WEP? thanks

2. MacMan33 thread starter macrumors regular

MacMan33

3. l8to89 macrumors newbie

I would suggest trying WEP cause its only a few seconds and it may work. Also i feel like the wireless card in the ibook may not work with WAP, but i may be wrong, in fact i feel like i am so i probably should not say that. But my advice is try WEP it takes really a minute to restart the base station and try it out and you can always switch back.

4. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

I was helping someone setup a new AEBS, and used WPA2. Their 867 PB could no longer connect. It appears to be an issue with WEP vs WPA2 (it could connect fine using WEP).

From what I can find, the original Airport (11b) cards supported WPA, but not WPA2, so you might give that a try.

5. tbohlsennswssrg macrumors regular

tbohlsennswssrg