Problems Downloading iLife 08 Update?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by glide, Aug 18, 2007.

1. glide macrumors regular

Is anyone else having an issue downloading the ilife 08 update? I just bought a MacBook and am eligible for the $9.99 upgrade; but when I attempt to validate my system I get an error message that my serial number is not recognized.

I am copy/pasting from the System profiler, and I was able to register the computer successfully through product registration.

I have spent over 2 hours with customer service (both online and telephone) and I have gotten nowhere. Their reply is that it must be a system glitch and to try back later. I have been trying for the past 3 days now and am getting frustrated.

This is my first Mac and so far the support has been sub-par. Anyone have any advice on a way to get this resolved?

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Just FYI - when you do get the upgrade qualified, they will ship you a DVD of iLife '08. It's not available on-line (it's almost 4GB).

3. glide thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. I thought this link allowed you to download...
    http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?partNumber=MB124Z/A

I guess it just qualifies you online and allows the disc to be mailed. Wish support would have told me that. I would have just filled out the .pdf form online...