Problems installing windows.. Urgent

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Alexjones, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Alexjones macrumors 6502

I installed windows on my mac and now it boots up with windows. I cant get the disk out or even load Lion. Urgent!!

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Hold down the opt key, then select the Lion boot volume. Once booted, go to System Preferences > Startup Disk and select the Lion volume as the default.

To eject a disc on startup, hold down the trackpad/mouse button until it ejects.

3. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

Restart and hold the option key down during restart. Then select the OS X partition. When boot completes, then go into system preferences on the mac and select start up disk and select the OS X partition.

4. jlc1978 macrumors 68000

jlc1978

What do you mean by "installed Windows" If you installed it on a bootcamp partition then as others pointed out you need to change the boot volume to OSX. If you did a complete clean install with a disk format than you may need to reinstall OSX, create a Bootcamp partition and reinstall Windows.

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Holding the eject key down at boot until it ejects is the only thing that's ever worked for me when it refuses to eject in the OS. Same for my father.