Problems switching from 9600 to 9400

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Zmab, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Zmab macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I’ve looked through the forums and have been unable to find a solution to this… hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. I purchased a 15’ Mac Book pro a little less than 1 year ago. Right after getting it I changed the video to the 9600 and haven’t changed it since. I tried switching it back to the 9400 last night and only got a black screen.

If I do a hard shutdown and restart the system comes back up on the 9600 and runs fine. If I try switching back to the 9400 the same thing happens again (black screen). Obviously the 9400 worked fine when the system was purchased but hasn’t been used since then so I don’t know at what point the problem initially started. From what I’ve read, there are problems with some of the NVIDIA chips but it normally affects the higher GPU because of heat, not the lower one.

Any suggestions as to if this is a HW problem or a driver/software problem and what to do about it?

Zmab

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Go to an Apple Store and show them this. Seems like this is more of a hardware problem than software.