Problems with Caffeine on Lion

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SilverStCloud, Aug 2, 2011.

1. SilverStCloud, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011

SilverStCloud macrumors newbie

Caffeine doesn't seem to work with Lion. It's not turning on and the light under the app on my dock isn't showing no matter how many times I click on the icon.

Is anyone else having this problem?

2. dnb34tz420 macrumors newbie

same problem and ive tried insomniax as well... neither seem to work on lion!!! :confused::eek::mad:

3. gorskiegangsta macrumors 65816

gorskiegangsta

Caffeine works fine for me under Lion. Did you install it through the Mac App Store?

4. Sam2lucky13 macrumors 6502

Sam2lucky13

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

6. claimed4all macrumors 6502

Another vote, mine works fine.

I downloaded my copy from the developers website when I was running Snow Leopard.

7. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing? It works fine for me. I dl'd it from the developer's site a year or so ago.

8. saberahul macrumors 68040

Doesn't work here either. I set it to indefinitely or whatever and next thing you know computer is sleeping...

9. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

I have not had any problems at all using caffeine.
    It doesn't taste as well as the coffee I drink, but it does keep my MacBook Pro awake.

Been using it with Lion since the day Lion was released and no issues at all.

10. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Mine works fine - just used it today.

Did you look up on the tool bar (where your battery icon, bluetooth icon, time, etc. are).
    When you click on the dock icon, the little cup appears on that line. Then click on the cup - will show filled with coffee and is working.

Sorry if you already knew this - just trying to help. :D

11. SilverStCloud thread starter macrumors newbie

Finally working!

Thanks for your suggestions, everyone. I had originally downloaded Caffeine from the developer's site. But after many days of frustration, I deleted the app and then downloaded it again but this time from the Mac App Store. It now works fine! Goodness knows why! :)