Problems with iChat, cannot have 3 or more people in a video conference

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iEugene, Jul 11, 2007.

1. iEugene macrumors regular

iEugene

Hey folks, my friend recently picked up a MacBook and tonight my girlfriend and I wanted to show him how nifty iChat can be when it comes to video conferencing. So I started up my iChat (my girlfriend in the same room as mine with her iChat on her MacBook on as well) and got a two way conference going between my girlfriend and I, however when I went to add my friend to the video chat the little "+" sign at the bottom, iChat stated that my friend could not be added to the video conversation.

Why is this happening? I have an iMac (Intel Core Duo), my girlfriend has a MacBook (Intel Core 2 Duo) and my other friend has a MacBook (Intel Core 2 Duo) as well. Obviously we all have the ability to use iChat text wise and audio wise, but not video wise.......Is there some sort of firewall thing I am not understanding or something?

Any help would be great, hope to hear from someone as this is really frustrating!

P.S.- I have chatted in iChat with up to four people before, thus why I am so stumped as to why this isn't working.

2. iEugene thread starter macrumors regular

iEugene

I don't mean to bump but does anyone have any answers?

3. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Can you do a one-one video conf. with the third person? It could be a firewall problem or even a limitation with their ISP (port blocking).

4. iEugene thread starter macrumors regular

iEugene

Nevermind figured it out, sorry for the bump.

5. SDDave2007 macrumors regular

So what was the issue?
    In case anyone else comes up with the same problem?????