Problems with intermitent internet problems

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by animenick65, Nov 10, 2008.

1. animenick65 macrumors 6502

I have a Core Duo black macbook running tiger. All of the sudden for whatever reason, my internet will stop working, but there is more to it than that. When I first start my machine up the internet works great. I'll be streaming music and surfing the web and all of the sudden web pages will stop loading. The music or anything that was streaming at the time will continue without hiccup, but web pages won't load. Restarting firefox or switching to Safari doesn't remedy the problem. The wireless icon in the top bar is full and connected. The only thing that remedies the problem is turning airport on then off. Can't even log into the router through a web page while this is happening. Normally I would think it would be a problem with interference or something of that nature, but streaming music and video works fine when this problem occurs. This hasn't happened to any other computer on the network. Any ideas?

2. zachsilvey macrumors 6502

i have this same problem except it happens for me whenever i start up or wake from sleep. the only remedy as you said is to turn airport off and on.

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Take it to the Genius Bar, if you can replicate the issue, they will help out. I am sure the Airport card or the motherboard maybe the culprits here. However, thats my guess.