Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
No... I got the same message (processing is taking a bit longer.... we will contact you in ___ hours).. then at 4ish I got an email from apple that they were unable to process my application

You misread.

STOCK411

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2007
You misread.
No I didn't. I called citizens one around 12:30 AM and they said my application was approved and it was processing. I then got an email from apple around 3:30 that there was an issue processing my application and to buy it again. The second time I bought it it went thru instantly... I called citizens one again and I had two "approved" applications on my account (one that was completely approved and one that was partially approved but somehow errored out while processing)

Last edited:

idyll

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
This happened to me too (“unable to verify your information.”).

Does this mean we still had a hard pull on our credit?

oats555

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2013
So this happened to me. Lost my job 3 delivery. Order from B.B. with 11/10 delivery. Just received an email from Apple saying if I didn’t already, to reorder and email them my order number by Sunday night. Sounds like maybe they’re going to try and do something to make us right. I’m tempted to call and ask if I order, will they fix my shipping date back to 11/3. Anybody else get this and call to see what the deal is?

jdkmac

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2007
So this happened to me. Lost my job 3 delivery. Order from B.B. with 11/10 delivery. Just received an email from Apple saying if I didn’t already, to reorder and email them my order number by Sunday night. Sounds like maybe they’re going to try and do something to make us right. I’m tempted to call and ask if I order, will they fix my shipping date back to 11/3. Anybody else get this and call to see what the deal is?

I just got the same email. I'm assuming this is legitimate. I tried to call the 800 number, but couldn't get through due to call volume. Did you try replying to the email?

tman1425

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
I got that same email. I’m tempted to call, but just don’t feel like sitting on hold for an hour. Anyone else tried calling yet?

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
I got that message and they just went ahead and cancelled the order. Ended up using AT&T Next in the morning. December 11-18 ship date though.

B720

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2017
Got the email. Does this mean I will have another hard credit check? And as mentioned above will they expedite delivery?

tman1425

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
I decided to call and spoke with a very nice woman who walked me through a new order. They are basically wanting us to place a new order and then email them with our new order number. They will not run a new credit check since the prior one was good for 30 days. It sounded like there was a backend problem that has since been fixed.

With that said, she created a new iPhone order in my checkout bag on apple.com. I just had to log in and go to my saved checkout bag, but the earliest delivery date was December 11-18. I placed the order anyway even though my ATT order looks like it will arrive earlier. I'll just keep checking them and see which one updated the delivery date and then just cancel one of the orders. I would rather be on the IUP than ATT anyway, so maybe I'll just keep this and cancel ATT.

Just wanted to give you guys an update.

Reactions: Dennison and jdkmac

idyll

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Received the same email. Tried calling but was told to call at a later time due to current calling volume.

I'm really hoping there was not a hard pull on my credit since they were encountering difficulties.

bigdog5142

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MI
For those of you that were denied for identity by Citizens...did you do a pre-approval last week? I processed my pre-approval last Monday and my order went through without incident. I even got my new loan number from Citizens today. I will be picking up my phone in-store 11/3.

jdkmac

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2007
For those of you that were denied for identity by Citizens...did you do a pre-approval last week? I processed my pre-approval last Monday and my order went through without incident. I even got my new loan number from Citizens today. I will be picking up my phone in-store 11/3.

No, pre-approval was only for existing IUP members. If you were new to the program, you could not do a pre-approval.

Reactions: rsattar

Dennison

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2015
United States
I decided to call and spoke with a very nice woman who walked me through a new order. They are basically wanting us to place a new order and then email them with our new order number. They will not run a new credit check since the prior one was good for 30 days. It sounded like there was a backend problem that has since been fixed.

With that said, she created a new iPhone order in my checkout bag on apple.com. I just had to log in and go to my saved checkout bag, but the earliest delivery date was December 11-18. I placed the order anyway even though my ATT order looks like it will arrive earlier. I'll just keep checking them and see which one updated the delivery date and then just cancel one of the orders. I would rather be on the IUP than ATT anyway, so maybe I'll just keep this and cancel ATT.

Just wanted to give you guys an update.

This deserves a bump. New IUP members that got the error! Go check your emails with Apple’s instructions! They may be able to help us.

I’m honestly fascinated they responded to this issue. It shows how much they really care about their customers.

tman1425

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
This deserves a bump. New IUP members that got the error! Go check your emails with Apple’s instructions! They may be able to help us.

I’m honestly fascinated they responded to this issue. It shows how much they really care about their customers.
The delivery date is no better than if I just tried to pre-order now for the first time. The backend issue seems to be fixed, but we did get screwed out of an earlier delivery date. Maybe I’ll see a bump in the delivery date...wishful thinking

STOCK411

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2007
The delivery date is no better than if I just tried to pre-order now for the first time. The backend issue seems to be fixed, but we did get screwed out of an earlier delivery date. Maybe I’ll see a bump in the delivery date...wishful thinking
Read the email man.... It looks like they are going to expedite our delivery date. Otherwise, why bother sending the email if they were not going to do anything?

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...for-a-iup-loan-check-your-email-asap.2081392/
[doublepost=1509162322][/doublepost]

Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 8.24.31 PM.png

tman1425

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Read the email man.... It looks like they are going to expedite our delivery date. Otherwise, why bother sending the email if they were not going to do anything?

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...for-a-iup-loan-check-your-email-asap.2081392/
[doublepost=1509162322][/doublepost]
View attachment 728313
I’m not seeing where in that email they are going to expedite it. They say they want to get us our phones as soon as possible, but that could be 5-6 weeks if stock is depleted. They obviously want us to buy an iPhone and place another order, so I just take that email as a reminder for us to place an order. I hope you’re right though!

STOCK411

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2007
I’m not seeing where in that email they are going to expedite it. They say they want to get us our phones as soon as possible, but that could be 5-6 weeks if stock is depleted. They obviously want us to buy an iPhone and place another order, so I just take that email as a reminder for us to place an order. I hope you’re right though!
My (and most others) current shipment date is 5-6 weeks.... So even if they make it 2-3 weeks thats an improvement... Apple has the power to expedite shipments, I believe this is what they have are doing here... They are righting a wrong they committed. Otherwise there is no point in sending the email

burp43

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2008
Check your order status in three days, like the e-mail says, and see if the date has changed. I see no reason to send out this e-mail asking for your order number if they don't intend to do anything with it.

Reactions: Dennison

tman1425

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Yeah, you guys are probably right. I’m just being cynical and don’t want to get my hopes up

tman1425

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Did the nice lady indicate that the delivery could be be advanced.
Not really. I did ask her if there was a way to get it earlier since my ATT order is scheduled for earlier as well. She said no didn’t really comment more than that. My guess would be that the orders would be moved up by other people at Apple working on this specific problem, assuming it happens at all.

B720

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2017
Not really. I did ask her if there was a way to get it earlier since my ATT order is scheduled for earlier as well. She said no didn’t really comment more than that. My guess would be that the orders would be moved up by other people at Apple working on this specific problem, assuming it happens at all.
Thanks for sharing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.