pronouncing your username

vniow

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
I came across this myself a couple months ago and recently its come up again for other members here so I am curious about it. For those of us with non-obvious pronounciations, how would you go about saying them in real life or at least in your head?

Mine (being 4/5ths of part of my name) goes something like vi-nee-oh or more accurately v'nee-oh since there's no vowel inbetween the first two letters.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
annk said:
Ann-Kay (not ank, but I suppose that was obvious :confused: , or maybe only to me? :p ).
:eek: This whole time I've been saying to myself, "ank." Isn't that how you pronounce an Egyptian thingiemajiggie? Wow I feel retarded.

And Applespider, I actually think of it more as, "apple-eww-spidey!"

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
It really doesn't matter to me but in my mind my handle is pronounced 'skim-oh'.

You all can call me Emerson though, or just e.

e

vniow

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
annk said:
Ann-Kay (not ank, but I suppose that was obvious :confused: , or maybe only to me? :p ).
I've always tried to say is faster in my head and came up with something like "aink"

scem0 said:
It really doesn't matter to me but in my mind my handle is pronounced 'skim-oh'.
Woah, that's said like a K instead of a C? Eek, I had it wrong all these years. :eek:

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
devilot said:
:eek: This whole time I've been saying to myself, "onk." Isn't that how you pronounce an Egyptian thingiemajiggie? Wow I feel retarded.
It's a combination of my first name and last initial.

What sort of thingiemajiggie??

I think I'm supposed to do something to your invisitext when I quote it, but for the life of me I can never remember, sorry.

You shouldn't feel retarded. :) I thought you were DEH-vih-low, after all. :eek:

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
annk said:
What sort of thingiemajiggie??
Ah, here it is, Ankh. That's how I assumed it should be pronounced. :p And I agree w/ you on Scem0's pronounciation... always read it as "scheme-oh" (even though I think it's the number zero).

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
vniow said:
Woah, that's said like a K instead of a C? Eek, I had it wrong all these years. :eek:
Haha, me too :D. I've been saying "vee-nigh-oww" for your username, but I've always thought of you as just V :).

e