Proof "So Far" That 6 Plus Has 2GB of RAM

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ghsNick, Sep 13, 2014.

1. ghsNick, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2014

ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

So with all the part leaks over the last month, we can realize most of them were correct.

This leaked about two weeks ago and another forum member was kind enough to break down how it's 2GB of RAM here.

Here's also a few sites confirming 2GB of RAM. I'm not trying to cause an argument but I really think there's 2GB of RAM in the iPhone 6 Plus, therefore adding another "better" feature to it vs the 6.

http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_iphone_6_plus-6665.php

2. G-Ziss macrumors regular

3. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

I wish they would find out how big the battery is

4. Rockies macrumors 6502

I am getting the 6+ just for the added screen size. Throw on top of that 2GB Ram, Optical Stabilization, 1080P HD Retina display is a HUGE bonus. Extra $100 well spent :D

5. Risco macrumors 68000

Risco

It needs more ram because of the resolution. The iPhone 6 will outperform the plus across the board in real world use as they both use the same processor. I am wagering that the plus will be plagued with stutters and slowdowns to some extent which won't be present in the 4.7.

6. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

And a better landscape orientation experience....

----------

Or they clock the plus slightly higher than the 6.

7. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Exactly everyone is starting to get jealous if it is

8. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

Not everyone, the larger screen is a deal breaker for me. I already weighed all the pros and cons so the extra RAM still doesn't sway me.

9. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

I would put money on it that it has more RAM. Bigger display, plus support for the next 3 iOS versions? They pretty much have to do it.

A lot of the large Android phones come with less RAM than the international versions, and it shows itself by stuttering and so forth on the USA versions of those phones, because of that 1GB less of RAM.

10. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I hope it does.

The tons of extra pixels and larger display to drive, mean that this thing could be inferior to the 6 performance wise (think iPad 2 vs iPad 3).

11. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

12. 2IS macrumors 68030

I really hope it has 2GB of RAM but I don't know if I'd call any of this "proof"

13. THE BG 86 macrumors regular

this cracks me up. It's going to be 1GB ram. Do you really think apple would essentially give the finger to ppl buying the 6? By in essence future proofing one phone and not the other? Makes no sense. The extra GB Is nice but by no means required..

14. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Don't forget landscape mode and 401 ppi vs 326

15. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

You sound like the "there is no 5.5" iPhone" crowd.

16. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about...You realize the 6/6 Plus have different screen sizes correct? Is it that hard for you to comprehend that a 1GB 4.7" is future proof, and a 5.5" with 1GB would not be future proof?

Read up on hardware/performance a bit, then come back and state your opinions.

17. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Didn't they already give the finger to 6 users by adding a better screen, batter and camera to the 6 Plus?

Let's be honest, Apple knew those added features would get people to spend more money on the Plus.

18. G-Ziss macrumors regular

Apple gives the finger to people all the time, so I wouldn't put it past them.

19. 2IS macrumors 68030

Exactly, tell that to the people who claim the 6+ has OIS and significantly longer run times and a higher PPI screen.... I mean, we all know Apple would never do that to iPhone 6 owners, right? right??

20. bobright macrumors 601

Not me if they made it 5-inch and trimmed down the bezels just maybe. Next gen will have a smaller frame for sure that's when I'll bite.

21. THE BG 86 macrumors regular

Ok... My iPad has significant longer run times? Bigger body bigger battery? What's your point? OIS in a bigger phone that's harder to stabilize manually .. Oh ok makes sense. Higher ppi? Cool I'm happy u can see the difference in such small screens bc the tech "experts" that had hands on state no noticeable difference between the 2... "Right right..." Sorry but the iphone 6 is not lacking anything it doesn't need with the size it is

22. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

Look at 5c vs. 5s.

23. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

I bought a Moto X (still using actually) after having a Note 2, LG G2, and a Note 3, all which vastly outclass it in terms of specs and haven't been more satisfied with a phone.

Guess I'll stop liking what I like and be jealous... just because...? :confused:

2GB in iPhones would be nice to see though. No denying that.

24. rodalpho macrumors member

rodalpho

Memory has very little to do with screen resolution/graphics stuttering, that's primarily the GPU. The SoC might be clocked a bit higher in the 6+ as it's physically larger, giving them more thermal headroom, and has a larger battery allowing for higher clocks without hurting battery duration as much.

The 5s (and 6, and 6+) often fall short on memory (reloading pages in safari, etc) because they run 64bit apps, and those inherently consume more memory. That's all there is to it.

Hopefully the 6+ does have 2GB RAM. But I wouldn't bet on it.

25. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

To be honest, why should you care about available ram?

It's a great addition for computers, but having owned the 5S and every phone before it. Other than just having more ram, I've never been in a situation where I felt "wow, I'm stuck. wish I had more ram."

I'm not trying to be funny. I just have yet to come across a situation where there was tasks or applications running that pushed my device to it's limits. processor or ram.