Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GinoDotCom

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
Been running Alpha 3 for about a week. Runs a lot better.

The latest pro switcher crashes a lot less than previous versions for sure. Every now and again some stuff freezes that really never did pre pro switcher but hey, it's all worth it when you have such an awesome task manager/app switcher ;)

okrelayer

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2008
Am I the only one that has the iPod card show up for no reason every so often in card view? Even after I swipe it off?? Just wondering!

mixvio

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2009
Sydney, Australia
okrelayer said:
Am I the only one that has the iPod card show up for no reason every so often in card view? Even after I swipe it off?? Just wondering!

I've noticed this using Circutous too, and I'm not entirely sure what triggers it. It seems to happen pretty consistently when waking the device if headphones are in, as if iOS is keeping the iPod in the background for you.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010

The iPod App has to always run in the background. That's original to iOS so that you can listen to music while using your iPad for other things.

mixvio

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2009
Sydney, Australia
The iPod App has to always run in the background. That's original to iOS so that you can listen to music while using your iPad for other things.

It's not always running in the background though. It seems to load up on its own randomly; I can be using the thing for a while and the iPod app doesn't open, but after I lock the screen and unlock it again it can randomly appear.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
Upgrade Warning!!!

DO NOT upgrade to "Actvator 1.4.0"

It causes your iPad to go into iPod Touch mode after reboot.

zvandiver

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2008
xraytech said:
Upgrade Warning!!!

I have version 1.4.0-rc1 and have had no problems.

Dorkington

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
Upgrade Warning!!!

iPad does that when jailbroken...

Simply *respring* after reboot and all will be fixed. :)

I think its a bug with the Spirit jailbreak.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
iPad does that when jailbroken...

Simply *respring* after reboot and all will be fixed. :)

I think its a bug with the Spirit jailbreak.

Interesting... My iPad is Spirited.

I do respiring and the issue is solved. But it still returns after a reboot.

atomicbatteries

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2010
This beta has been out for way to long I'm so sick of that nag screen. Whats wrong with this developer why doesn't he finalize the dam the dam thing already?

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
This beta has been out for way to long I'm so sick of that nag screen. Whats wrong with this developer why doesn't he finalize the dam the dam thing already?

I'd imagine there are still a few bugs. As soon users stop posting bugs, the Dev will release the final version and we can say good by to the Nag Screen.

GaresTaylan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2009
Not sure but would love to know as well. Tired of that screen every time I reboot or respiring.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.