Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
Vaporware for now, but it'll be interesting if it does come out.

I don't think it can be called vaporware when he's posted the source online for anyone to build and preview. Not finished by any means, but not vaporware.

I hope it will be able to play nicely with Kirikae.

noah82

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2008
San Diego, CA
I don't think it can be called vaporware when he's posted the source online for anyone to build and preview. Not finished by any means, but not vaporware.

I hope it will be able to play nicely with Kirikae.

It seems like this is more of a replacement for Kirikae, they won't work together.

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
Got my hands on a leaked beta of ProSwitcher! It's way better then multifl0w and it's compatible with Kirikae!! My short hands on video is here

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
let's say i have music playing in the ipod app. when viewing the ipod card (for lack of a better word) in proswitcher, can i see the progess bar moving and the time moving as the song plays? or is it just a static screenshot of the last time the ipod app was open?

tctony

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
If the only way to activate this is by having the icon on your screen, then this will be a no-go for me. Needs a home button click or something similar. (I wish mQuickDo had an option to open an app by swiping).

Either way, mQuickDo more than meets my needs. I also have Kirikae installed. I use either, depending on which is more convenient at the time, and whether or not I want to background the app I'm currently in. Apps like multiflow and now ProSwitcher are nice, but they aren't that necessary.

sshams95

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2009
If the only way to activate this is by having the icon on your screen, then this will be a no-go for me. Needs a home button click or something similar. (I wish mQuickDo had an option to open an app by swiping).

Either way, mQuickDo more than meets my needs. I also have Kirikae installed. I use either, depending on which is more convenient at the time, and whether or not I want to background the app I'm currently in. Apps like multiflow and now ProSwitcher are nice, but they aren't that necessary.

Go to Settings-ProSwitcher-Activate...you have several methods to choose from on how to activate.

tctony

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
Go to Settings-ProSwitcher-Activate...you have several methods to choose from on how to activate.

Good to know. I haven't actually used the app yet, just judging by the pics/a few seconds of Van's video.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
Trying out the public beta right now. This is everything that Multifl0w should have been. So far I'm loving it, and the memory management seems far superior to Multifl0w's. Animations are fairly smooth, switching is efficient. Swipe up to close is another great feature.

The default settings are a little strange, however: double-tap to switch to an open app is silly, and it does not come with a default setting to open ProSwitcher with a button. Understandably but somewhat annoyingly the app shows blank screenshots for native apps which have not yet been opened after a respring. The effect of this is mollified by another great feature: the apps' icons and names are given right under the screenshot, which can help to tell apps with lists like Address Book and Mail apart.

And, best of all, it works with Kirikae! Right now I have hold home button set for Kirikae and hold sleep button set for ProSwitcher. But I'm not sure that this won't be reversed soon as I come to rely more and more on ProSwitcher.

The poor author of Multifl0w! Nobody's going to buy his $5 alpha-quality software when ProSwitcher in its first beta is almost flawless...and free!

Nine9si

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16)

Installed, great app.

NateDMB

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2008
Trying out the public beta right now. This is everything that Multifl0w should have been. So far I'm loving it, and the memory management seems far superior to Multifl0w's. Animations are fairly smooth, switching is efficient. Swipe up to close is another great feature.

The default settings are a little strange, however: double-tap to switch to an open app is silly, and it does not come with a default setting to open ProSwitcher with a button. Understandably but somewhat annoyingly the app shows blank screenshots for native apps which have not yet been opened after a respring. The effect of this is mollified by another great feature: the apps' icons and names are given right under the screenshot, which can help to tell apps with lists like Address Book and Mail apart.

And, best of all, it works with Kirikae! Right now I have hold home button set for Kirikae and hold sleep button set for ProSwitcher. But I'm not sure that this won't be reversed soon as I come to rely more and more on ProSwitcher.

The poor author of Multifl0w! Nobody's going to buy his $5 alpha-quality software when ProSwitcher in its first beta is almost flawless...and free!

Did you look through the "Activation Methods"? There are a bunch of different ways to open the app... Home button, sleep button, swipes, pinch, status bar, etc...

NateDMB

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2008

Please don't take this the wrong way, but how can you judge an app without even trying it first. ProSwitcher IMO is a brilliantly designed app. Plus it's free and open-source unlike mQuickDo.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Please don't take this the wrong way, but how can you judge an app without even trying it first. ProSwitcher IMO is a brilliantly designed app. Plus it's free and open-source unlike mQuickDo.

He wasn't commenting on the quality of the app, he was just saying its feature set isn't something he was interested in. Which IMO is a valid thing to say about something even if one hasn't tried it.

MikePA

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2008
Trying out the public beta right now. This is everything that Multifl0w should have been. So far I'm loving it, and the memory management seems far superior to Multifl0w's.

Amen to everything you said. The author of Multifl0w claims to have found a 'huge' memory leak but it will be a few days before there's a new release. :eek: Even though I paid for it, I've uninstalled it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.